Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone from Texas ordering a stage 2 kit soon?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone from Texas ordering a stage 2 kit soon?

So I ordered my stage 2 at the beginning of the week and it is scheduled to be finished on 7/28. While thinking about the issues that people are having with Stewart Transport and the cost involved I started looking into options. One is to fly up, rent a truck and drive it back to DFW. My wife is a teacher and is off work for the summer and I have the vacation days.

I found flights around that time frame that would get us up there for around $200.00 one way. But the cost of the truck rental almost knocks it out. A 16' truck is $1,157.40 both with unlimited miles. So after food, motels and gas that puts the price right around the same as Stewart Transport.

However, if someone else is ordering around the same time, we could split the cost of the truck rental and I could pick up the other stage 2 and deliver it to DFW. Lets just call it $600.00 for ease of figuring. Putting a deliver to $600.00 is giving someone quite the deal.

Anyone want to consider this?
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSapp View Post
    So I ordered my stage 2 at the beginning of the week and it is scheduled to be finished on 7/28. While thinking about the issues that people are having with Stewart Transport and the cost involved I started looking into options. One is to fly up, rent a truck and drive it back to DFW. My wife is a teacher and is off work for the summer and I have the vacation days.

I found flights around that time frame that would get us up there for around $200.00 one way. But the cost of the truck rental almost knocks it out. A 16' truck is $1,157.40 both with unlimited miles. So after food, motels and gas that puts the price right around the same as Stewart Transport.

However, if someone else is ordering around the same time, we could split the cost of the truck rental and I could pick up the other stage 2 and deliver it to DFW. Lets just call it $600.00 for ease of figuring. Putting a deliver to $600.00 is giving someone quite the deal.

Anyone want to consider this?
    I wish I was ready but I probably won't order until sometime in July or August. Can you get two stage II's in a 16' truck?
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice idea but also not ready (financially) until later in year. Sorry
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Tim,

Did you wind up using Stewart Transport for your stage II kit? What are they charging these days?
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson

Post Thanks / Like
    Had to go with Stewart as no one else was ready. Stage 2 is being completed by FFR this Saturday (7/28) and Stewart as said they have a scheduled pick up on July 30th to Aug 3rd. It is running me $1,500 for the delivery down here to Frisco Texas. I just hope that I am not the first on the truck. I guess it just depends on where the rest of the deliveries are. Texas being in the middle of the US I may be on the middle of the truck so they can deliver everything from East to West in order.
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Had to go with Stewart as no one else was ready. Stage 2 is being completed by FFR this Saturday (7/28) and Stewart as said they have a scheduled pick up on July 30th to Aug 3rd. It is running me $1,500 for the delivery down here to Frisco Texas. I just hope that I am not the first on the truck. I guess it just depends on where the rest of the deliveries are. Texas being in the middle of the US I may be on the middle of the truck so they can deliver everything from East to West in order.
    When I received Stage 1 the driver for Stewart said most of their deliveries were Florida, Texas, and California. Your right that puts us in the middle.

Post Thanks / Like
    'While thinking about the issues that people are having with Stewart Transport ..."
    I know this is an older post, but I'm currently looking for a company to transport a '33 Hot Rod for me.

Since they were my initial first choice, I'm curious to know about issues people might be having with Stewart?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing to consider, Stewart is equipped to deal with the chassis with body on and individual boxes while other companies are likely going to require you to have it all crated. For that last couple of years they seem to be having periodic personnel issues but I can't speak to how they are at this moment.

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lickity-Split View Post
    I know this is an older post, but I'm currently looking for a company to transport a '33 Hot Rod for me.

Since they were my initial first choice, I'm curious to know about issues people might be having with Stewart?

Thanks
    Stewart have shipped both stage 1 and 2 to me separately (obviously) and I've had stellar service both times. I wouldn't hesitate to use them - they know what they're doing and have delivered FFR thousands of times.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100