Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: JMeyer's Mk4 Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like

JMeyer's Mk4 Build Thread

Well I guess it's time to get around to starting a build thread. My kit arrived on Memorial day this week. I got about an hour notice from the driver and luckily enough we were around to be able to receive the kit. The Stewart driver Allen was a pleasure to work with and helped get the kit and boxes unloaded in a very timely fashion. The Stewart rig works very well for the job and saved me money over a cross-country trip from CO to MA. For any potential builders fretting about fitting it into a single garage bay, be assured that you can easily do it. With a couple of hours of moving boxes around I was easily able to fit the kit and boxes into my open bay and regain use of the adjacent garage bay.

Hopefully this is the only time that my car will be flying!
    IMG_5356[1].JPG

IMG_5352[1].JPG

With the kit stored in the garage I started the inventory process with the help of the kids this week. I've been pleasantly surprised how much enjoyment I can get out of counting nuts and bolts and opening up each box to find all the bits and pieces of this future monster. The kids have really enjoyed helping out with this process too - who would have guessed?? Hoping to finish up the inventory this coming weekend so that I can think about getting the body off and stowed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Woo Hoo! Congrats on receiving your kit. I am still waiting for my coupe kit to ship. If you need a hand, please feel free to reach out to me. I live in Parker, so I can't be more then 20 mins away and would always be happy to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    3 day weekend is a perfect time to receive a kit!! Congrats. Mine ships out in 3-4 weeks, so I'm right behind ya!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm waiting for the day... Due to schedules and conflicts I've been bumped a bit, but I'll soon be "sharing the love"!!
    John D. - Minneapolis 'Burbs

1965 El Camino - LT-1, 4L60e, 4wh discs, SC&C susp.
    2013 F-150 Platinum - Twin Turbo 3.5
    2018 Mk4 Roadster w/ Coyote - #9365 - Build Thread Delivery 7/3/18, 1st Start 1/4/19, 1st Road Mile 5/5/19, Legal 6/18/19, In Paint 2/25/21, Done (?) 4/2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the party!
    So, whatcha got planned?
    Engine, options, theme, color???
    Looking forward to following along no matter what you have in mind.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the well wishes!

Clover- sounds like a plan. I'll provide the barley pops and would be happy to help when need also. I also have a 16 year old that is great for moving heavy objects if we ever come across that kind of a challenge! He joined me at the build school last fall so he knows a bit about the car and how it goes together too.

As far as my build plan goes:

347 SBF, EFI with TKO600
    2015 IRS
    Powder coated
    Wipers, wind wings and sun visors
    17x9 / 17x10.5 wheels
    Later: Gas-N pipes, Heater (maybe), seat heaters, + more things forum members talk me into!
    Color scheme is still TBD, but my dreams always featured Royal Blue w/ white stripes. We'll see...

Finished my inventory yesterday with only a handful of missing items. Despite my best efforts to be as organized as possible I still ended up losing a knife (which I'm sure is boxed up with some of the parts somewhere) and ended up leaving a bag of hardware loose and don't know where it came from! So the fun begins...

Got the doors, hood and trunk lid off and the next step is to suspend the body against the ceiling of my garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey neighbor! Like Clover I'm just a few miles east of you out in Parker. Give me a shout if you ever need a hand. I'm in the home stretch on my MK4 build. I'm hoping to finish with assembly and then get the registration process done before the end of the driving season. Paint will get done over the winter.

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread