Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dash Indicator lights and other wiring problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    Well I am back to my wiring. I disconnected all indicator lights from the wiring diagram under dash harness. I also disconnected the steering column (33 Only) connector that sends juice to the built in directional switch, horn switch and flasher switch. With the key on, the harness read as follows:

Brown (horn) 12.43 Volts

Green (Left Ft Turn sig) .04 Volts

Lt Blue (Rt Ft Turn) 0 Volts

Pink (hazzard Flashers) 11.21

Grey (Turn Sig Flasher) 11.24 volts

Yelo (Lft Rear Turn) .03 volts

White (right Rear Turn) 0 Volts

Purp/blk (brake lights) 12.43 Volts

Does this sound correct?

This plug comes from the stock harness connected to the fuse panel with no modifications.

Go-Karting the car showed me just what a beast I had built. I have never driven anything quite so quick and I can see where you can get in over your head very easily. I have raced go karts and autocross a lotus elan years ago but this is a whole new animal. Thank you for your help.

TomH33

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TomH33 View Post
    Hi
    Well I am back to my wiring. I disconnected all indicator lights from the wiring diagram under dash harness. I also disconnected the steering column (33 Only) connector that sends juice to the built in directional switch, horn switch and flasher switch. With the key on, the harness read as follows:

Brown (horn) 12.43 Volts

Green (Left Ft Turn sig) .04 Volts

Lt Blue (Rt Ft Turn) 0 Volts

Pink (hazzard Flashers) 11.21

Grey (Turn Sig Flasher) 11.24 volts

Yelo (Lft Rear Turn) .03 volts

White (right Rear Turn) 0 Volts

Purp/blk (brake lights) 12.43 Volts

Does this sound correct?

This plug comes from the stock harness connected to the fuse panel with no modifications.

Go-Karting the car showed me just what a beast I had built. I have never driven anything quite so quick and I can see where you can get in over your head very easily. I have raced go karts and autocross a lotus elan years ago but this is a whole new animal. Thank you for your help.

TomH33
    Tom,

That looks correct except for the brake light wire. Check the brake safety switch and be sure you have the wires attached to the proper spade connectors and that the switch is engaged when the brake pedal is in the resting position. There are two sets and the clutch and brake switches are wired opposite each other.

The horn goes through a relay and the horn button typically is just triggering the relay. The flasher and turn signal feed wires should be hot as they feed the switches.

Dave
    Last edited by Papa; 06-23-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread