Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FOR SALE: 2015 Factory Five GTM gen 1. California car with 2500 miles on it!

Post Thanks / Like

FOR SALE: 2015 Factory Five GTM gen 1. California car with 2500 miles on it!

Finished in April 2015. House of Color Arctic pearl white. New LS6 crate motor, rebuilt Porsche G50-20 transaxle, New Sachs clutch, New Wilwood brakes, A\C and heating, Leather interior, touch screen double din stereo with back-up camera, trans cooler on thermostatic switch, shaved door handles, complete door window frames to keep wind and water out, large aluminum radiator, front anti-sway bar, stronger rear shock mounts, Wilber fully adjustable billet shocks from Germany, Michelin Pilot Sport tires, 245-18 fronts 305-19 rears, under chassis skid system, custom Toyota cable shift system, all interior panels sound and heat material applied, stainless steel headers,exhaust system wrapped in lava heat wrap, Factory Five GTM floor mats, and spare brand new windshield. I'm sure I forgot a hundred other things.
    All GM parts that were required to build this car were purchased new from GM. No used or refurbished parts.

This car won Best in Show GTM at the 2015 Huntington Beach Factory Five show, out of 8 GTMs.
    I spent a lot of time working on things to make them fit good and work good. This car only has 2500 miles on it.
    Going to start a new chapter in my life building and racing cars. Unfortunately, this car must fund my new hobby. I just don't have the space or money to hold on to it. I'm selling the car for what it cost me in parts and a paint job. It's like having someone build you this car for free. Probably close to 1500 hours of labor in this car. Maybe more.
    $49,500 pretty firm.
    Just call me if you have any questions or want more details.
    Tim Sharp cell# 951-204-5834
    p.s. I'm having trouble loading my pictures. These are the only 2 that it's letting me load. I'll try to figure this out later. Call if you want better pictures sent to you.20170626_110443.jpg20170626_110456.jpg20170626_110833.jpg20170626_110851.jpg20170626_110920.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Motohead; 12-22-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    No response. I thought for sure that I would have some interest at this price.
    NO ONE?

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember your car. VERY NICE ! I would suggest finding an exotic car broker with a showroom and sell it on commission.....and start the price MUCH higher. Best of luck....da Bat

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I downloaded and resized the pics. Then Uploaded them to a pic folder. Here they are:

PS I agree with Jeff. You've under-priced this car, IMHO.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help with the pictures. I don't know why I can never figure this stuff out.
    I'm open for offers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Jeff and David... price it too low. Take it to a broker. Some one who does exotics and such. It needs to be out in front of people looking, not so much people who are building! GOOD LUCK! The car is gorgeous!
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2014 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, price seems about 10K low.
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the production # of your car, out of curiosity?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Aceflo, I haven't been on this site for a while. Mine is #59
    I'm still a little surprised that I have not had much interest here. Would it help if I dropped the price to $50,000, and offer to help with shipping?

I'm open for suggestions.
    Tim Sharp

Post Thanks / Like

This makes me sad.

I guess I thought this car would be a good investment. I spent so much time trying to build a very well sorted car. Made sure that I didn't spend money on silly things. Now this car has been for sale for many months, and no real interest. A person would have a hard time just buying the parts for this car for $50,000. Now I can't even sell it for that much.
    This will probably hurt the market for this car, but I'm willing to take offers on this car.
    What is this car worth? Any offers? Are we only fooling ourselves in thinking that this was a good investment?
    If you have any questions or interest in this GTM, please just call me.
    Tim Sharp 951-204-5834

Post Thanks / Like
    It takes longer than a few months for the right buyer to come along. The car is awesome and I would buy it if I had the coin. Good luck and I think if you broker or auction the car you may be surprised by the buyer interest.

12. Thanks Motohead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that you built an awesome machine, but I'm not sure if this is the right audience to sell the car to. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm on this forum because I'm BUILDING my own.
    Ryan
    GTM #511
    Build log: gtm.perkinsons.com

14. Thanks Motohead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the "find an exotic car seller in your area and let them do the selling" camp. From your pictures, I'm assuming you are in the Huntington Beach area. Try contacting one or more of these guys:

https://www.phillipsauto.com/
    https://www.privatecollectionmotors.com/
    http://www.evanpaulmotorcars.com/
    https://www.crevierclassiccars.com/
    https://eurocaroc.com/

Your car looks amazing and should bring much more than you are asking. It just needs to get the right buyer's attention. Places like those I provided links for specialize in attracting those buyers.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

16. Thanks Motohead thanked for this post