BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Please Graduate 6086

Post Thanks / Like

Please Graduate 6086

In 2016 I purchased an un-assembled Mk3 and I have now completed the build. I did the entire build myself, including the engine and paint. I did not do a build thread since it was an older Mk3, but I did benefit greatly from the forum. Edwardbs build threads were my go to threads. I'm convinced he owns stock in Mcmaster-Carr, I buy a lot of hardware from them now. Although I've done some limited painting in the past, Srobinsonx2's body work thread with the built in advice (and commentary) from the two Jeffs gave me the confidence to do my own paint. And KDubU's picture of his Viking Blue roadster was my inspiration and screen saver for two years. I loved the Viking Blue color, but in the end I went with Antigua Blue and Wimbeldon White stripes. I now have my own screen saver.

And thanks to everyone who responded to my posts. For those of you who are just starting a build don't be shy about asking for help, these guys all love to help. I did take a lot of pictures during the build and I am in the process of uploading them to my gallery. I'm planning to do a simple post build thread with an index, descriptions and links to my various albums. I learned a lot by looking at others pictures and hopefully others will benefit from mine.

The car is titled, tagged and insured. I have a little over 400 miles on it now, including an autocross event, and it runs great. I'm still waiting on some sun visors and door panels, but other than that its done. Now I get to work on the stuff that's really important around here, the honey do list.

Purchased and un-assembled Mk3 in 2016. 5.0, Aluminum heads, Performer RPM Air gap, Quick Fuel 650 carb, BBK headers T5, 3.55 rear solid axle, Koni Shocks, PS with Hydra-boost. Also own two restored vintage Mustangs, two Model A fords, 1941 Chevy truck and several other hot rods.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations, that looks really great. Love the interior too.
    "Doddmoore," Mitchell Moore on facebook, Follow Tonks347Cobra on Instagram
    MK IV Complete kit, SB Ford 347, Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 500, Moser 8.8 Solid axle, Wilwoods, Power Steering
    My Build Thread: Tonks347, The Baker's Build
    Slow and steady wins the race.

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go. I finished my car last year. Just never announced graduation. Now that I see yours maybe I should post as well. Beautiful Job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great!
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful car. I really like the tail lights, rear view mirrors and clean interior. Where did you get the tail lights? Very nice and well done.
    MkIV complete kit #9259, Coyote, TKO600, IRS, Wilwoods x 4, many parts from Breeze, Forte, Russ's Garage and North Racecars
    17" Bullit style wheels, custom Kirkey seats, mid shift conversion, drop trunk, KRC power steering, Forte Hyd. clutch and slave, manual brakes
    overall build plan: build it to drive, not polish and black it out wherever possible, paint will be some shade of dark cherry

Post Thanks / Like
    Very, very well done!

Enjoy

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great. Congratulations. Now have a blast with it.

And no, I don't have any stock in McMaster-Carr. But they have plenty of my money too.
    Last edited by edwardb; 06-12-2018 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Typo
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Nice!! Antigua Blue exterior paint!!!, please provide more I.D. information. Brand, Paint chip#, etc.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great looking build! I would have loved to see a build thread. How do those speakers sound? You Northern and Mid-West guys are lucky when it comes to land and being able to house multiple cars on property. In metro Florida, you are lucky if you can squeeze a lawn mower between houses!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the positive comments. I will say, these cars attract a lot of attention on the road. Here are my responses to the above questions.

Tail Lights are from Haynes Hot Rods. They are LED and depending on your specific wiring you may need to add some diodes to you electrical system to get them to work. I also did some hand sanding to reshape the rear body to fit the lights. On an Mk3 there is plenty of fiberglass in that area so I was able to do it without using any filler.

The paint is Antigua Blue, which is an old Land Rover / Range Rover color. Paint code is 645-JFN. I used Matrix paint (Sherwin-Williams) and the paint code is Mb-LV-19109. The stripes are Ford Wimbeldon White, code 9A. Matirx # MB-LV-90270.

I've had a lot of questions from the local club about the speakers and if I can actually hear them. I love music so I couldn't build a car without a stereo. In 5th gear on the highway I can hear the speakers pretty well. My experience so far has been the road noise can be louder than the exhaust on most roads. But of course you are pretty close to both the road and the exhaust, so it is what it is. I do have some ear plugs on order however.

Jim
    Purchased and un-assembled Mk3 in 2016. 5.0, Aluminum heads, Performer RPM Air gap, Quick Fuel 650 carb, BBK headers T5, 3.55 rear solid axle, Koni Shocks, PS with Hydra-boost. Also own two restored vintage Mustangs, two Model A fords, 1941 Chevy truck and several other hot rods.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a beauty! Congratulations. Can’t wait to see the follow up photos.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jim for the specs on the Antigua Blue. I may use that on my future Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful! Love the color . Congrats on getting her done!
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really clean looking build. Well done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim-

Car looks great! Congratulations on a terrific build. As others have already said, I too really like the color!

Interior and trunk have really nice finishing touches.

Well done; I hope you get tons of enjoyment out of her!

Regards,

Steve