Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Clutch Cable

Post Thanks / Like

Clutch Cable

I apologize in advance for rehashing this again, but, I remember reading many of you think a "stock mustang" clutch cable is far superior to the one supplied by FFR. I have tried searching the threads but cannot find any "specifics". Although it is acceptable, I agree the current set up does not have the greatest "feel" to it.

1. Could some of you tell me what improvement I should expect if I change my current FFR clutch cable out for a stock mustang part.

2. Is this a direct swap for the new, non-adjustable (at the firewall) cable I currently have? What modifications would be needed? Can I do the swap accessing through the small engine compartment panel on a finished car?

3. What is the actual stock mustang part number for the cable I would need?

Thank you.
    MK4 - complete kit - Blueprint 427W - Holly Sniper EFI - TKO 600 .64 - 3.55 3 link - 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Brien
    I had the same recollection on the clutch cable. Here is the thread I had noted in my research on clutch cable upgrades.
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ny-suggestions

If you want to go that route let me know I had purchased the M-7553-E302 cable. I have since changed my mind and I will be installing a hydraulic clutch. I would be happy to send to you and have it used vs sitting on a shelf taking space in my garage.
    Ron
    MK4 # 9181 - Complete Kit - 408 EFI, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 2017-10-06
    Build Thread - http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...499#post299499

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ron, that sounds great! See PM.
    MK4 - complete kit - Blueprint 427W - Holly Sniper EFI - TKO 600 .64 - 3.55 3 link - 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the cable I use.
    Ford Racing M-7553-C302
    It has an adjustable threaded end at the clutch end. But, at least on my TKO500, it was a little too long to allow the stamped metal cover to be re-installed. I cut maybe 3/4 inch off that end. BTW, w/ all the different possible combinations of parts I think a firewall adjuster is a must have.
    https://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-...ster-7904.html
    I would throw out that set screw though since the adjuster doesn't move by itself.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    This is the cable I use.
    Ford Racing M-7553-C302
    It has an adjustable threaded end at the clutch end. But, at least on my TKO500, it was a little too long to allow the stamped metal cover to be re-installed. I cut maybe 3/4 inch off that end. BTW, w/ all the different possible combinations of parts I think a firewall adjuster is a must have.
    https://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-...ster-7904.html
    I would throw out that set screw though since the adjuster doesn't move by itself.
    Thanks Craig. Ron is sending me his E302, I'll try that first. The adjuster definitely looks like a good addition.