Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Donor Vehicle Mobility

Post Thanks / Like

Donor Vehicle Mobility

Once I take the running gear off of my donor vehicle how am I supposed to move it around? Do you guys have anything figured out for this?

I was thinking a couple of cheap dollies from HF perhaps. Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    You probably have it up on jack stands, so remove the pieces you want to keep or sell, lower the carcass onto dollies and call your local recycler. Now, you have room to work.
    Mark IV -- 04 Mach1 Donor -- 4.6 DOHC -- TKO 600 -- 3:55 Gears -- 3 Link - Hydroboost PS & PB -- 13" PBR's Front & 11.65's Rear -- Cuesta Wiring -- Thompson Signals -- FFR Radiator, heater, wipers, and catalytic converters -- Metco DS safety loop -- Forte 7/8" front bar -- VPM 3/4" rear bar -- Champ road race pan -- Corbeau A4 Seats -- Nitto NT-05's on 17 x 9's.

Post Thanks / Like
    GoatGonads,

Great question i’m Trying to figure that out too! Especially the part where I need to get it out of my garage for pick up. I’ve seen videos where they balance the chassis on two trolley jacks and pull it. That seems a bit precarious for me! Worse case I would have built a wooden chassis dolly.

The other concern is finding a recycler that will come and collect it. I’m reading the forums and it appears that some guys are having trouble getting it taken away.

Dan