Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rousch Supercharger for Coyote

Post Thanks / Like

Rousch Supercharger for Coyote

Has anyone put in a Roush Supercharger in their Coyote engine? I know the power steering has to be moved over a few inches. I had to make a plate to make it work. I would love to share information with anyone who has put one in or is in the process of getting one. So far i seem to be one of the few people putting one in.

IMG_1826.PNG
    Last edited by sw washington; 06-25-2018 at 05:21 PM. Reason: spelled wrong

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you putting that on a stock Coyote with 11:1 compression? I think if you order a supercharged Coyote from Ford racing it is set up as 9:1? Its been a long time since I looked at that so those numbers could be wrong. Just curious.

looks great, btw.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    No. It is actually the low compression aluminator engine. 9.5:1
    I wanted to use pump gas. Should be a good strong engine. Im excited to get it up and running soon.
    I will show people what i did when i figure everything out. I was just hoping someone else had the same setup to make sure its all hooked up correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    currently have one in the shop. If you email with specific questions I can shoot some pics for you.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    So I have a few questions. First off, there is no brake booster with the Roadster. Do I plug off all the vacuum hoses that would go to the brake booster? On the wire harness from ford racing there is an intercooler wire. Do i use this instead of the supplied relay they sent also for the 2017 mustang? trouble getting the air filter set up just right? I ended up using a 4 inch 45 degree bend to hook it all up. Just needing a little help if anyone knows anything. I did send you a message last week Gordon. hoping to hear back from someone.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Gen I Coyote and harness, it does have a wire in the harness labeled intercooler pump. Not for sure this is in the Gen II harness.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Gen I Coyote and harness, it does have a wire in the harness labeled intercooler pump. Not for sure this is in the Gen II harness.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think i have it mostly wired up. He is what it looks like so far. Anyone have any thoughts on the oil separator? Are they a must for superchargers?IMG_1911.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    If you see the amount of oil they catch, you would say yes.
    I have them on both of my supercharged cars. I have a JLT on a 13 Shelby and a home made one on a 99 Cobra with a KB supercharger.

10. Thanks WIS89 thanked for this post