Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Carbon Side Skirts

Post Thanks / Like

Carbon Side Skirts

I haven't found much information about installing the side skirts. Anyone have any recommendations?

What is the proper orientation for these?

Post Thanks / Like
    They should be symmetrical. They do not look like the rocker extenders I got from FFR.
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R built with EZ36R H6 completed 2018
    818R rebuild with a JDM Honda K24A

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neither looks like what I got. I did get the attic-sale ones though, that had some imperfections. Could be an older cut. Didn't come with instructions. I just added rivet-nuts to the frame and bolted them in. I put some 3M VHB tape on them too, to help keep them from rattling. The rolled-down edge faces to the outside of the car, with the edge pointing downward facing the ground. Mine looks closest to the left piece in your pic, but the one end had a much steeper taper than the other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a picture of Erik T. car with the side skirts installed.
    $_57b.jpg
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Did some arts and crafts with my skirts to get them equal and then used bed liner on the back side that will be facing the road. I thought it worthwhile as any chips or damage to the bottom would eventually show through.

Thanks for the tips gents.

Post Thanks / Like
    no pics, didn't happen.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks to me like the side skirt on the left is for the GTM......we've installed a bunch of those here and the fact that it's longer than the one on the right would indicate to me that they sent you one GTM side skirt and one 818 side skirt.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts