FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Three quick questions (easy ones at that...)

Post Thanks / Like

Three quick questions (easy ones at that...)

First: Got any idea what where this goes?

Second: Here's a photo of the RF wiring diagram. This ground wire is bundled with the headlight switch connection. Is there anything specific that this should get plugged in to, or is it more or less an extra?

OK, last one: I have no idea what I did with the bolt that fastens the steering wheel to the steering shaft. I believe it is an internal hex machine bolt (i.e. uses an allen wrench). The question is this: is there anything special about this bolt, or will any 3/8" hex head machine bolt do the trick?
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_C View Post
    First: Got any idea what where this goes?

Second: Here's a photo of the RF wiring diagram. This ground wire is bundled with the headlight switch connection. Is there anything specific that this should get plugged in to, or is it more or less an extra?

OK, last one: I have no idea what I did with the bolt that fastens the steering wheel to the steering shaft. I believe it is an internal hex machine bolt (i.e. uses an allen wrench). The question is this: is there anything special about this bolt, or will any 3/8" hex head machine bolt do the trick?
    1 - Looks like a piece of scrap from a cutout on the driver side foot box front panel.

2 - There is a Male spade on the headlight switch housing for the ground to attach to

3 - Nothing special about that steering hub bolt.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Al_C;329271]First: Got any idea what where this goes?

1. it is the spacer that goes under the hydro boost.

Post Thanks / Like
    The first, as already stated, is a fill in plate for the hydro boost, if you are using it. The ground wire in the RF diagram plugs into the side of the headlight switch. Yes, the steering wheel bolt is a black Allen bolt with a washer. Nothing special I believe.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to change it to a grade 8 hex head bolt. For me, it makes things easier not needing to worry about an allen wrench or allen socket. Yeah, I have both but I like to make things as common as possible in case I would ever need to take it apart when not at home.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wondered about the "spade" that sticks out of the headlight switch. If I'm looking at the right one, it's pretty long. It's also pretty wide, so it's a very tight fit for the ground connection. Thanks!
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Al,

Here are a couple pics of where that odd shaped piece of aluminum plate goes. I used it, as I have a standard '94 / '95 master cylinder. If I remember correctly, it was not necessary if using the Wilwood master.

Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll need to trim the male "spade" on the headlight switch housing to accommodate the female plug. This ground really only comes into play if you are using the courtesy light function of the headlight switch (i.e. by rotating the knob all the way CCW).

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Problems solved! Thanks, guys!