Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Got Through CT Registration:

Post Thanks / Like

Got Through CT Registration:

Just over 10 years in the making but got my MKIII to Weatherfield and passed.

Started the day with an alignment at Economy Transmissions in Bristol where Mike did an awesome job and dialed in the suspension. Got the car to Weathersfield to find no one in line. Fortunately I paid my $88 inspection fee in Enfield the day before to avoid getting in the eternal line in Weathersfield.

First thing they looked at was the lap belt and then the paperwork. After that was all sorted out, and that took a while, we did the basic checks of lights and electrical items in the car. Note, I got through on one windsheild wiper at the drivers side as my passenger side gearbox is not quite right.

The car was then put on a lift with a thorough under body inspection, noting a lot of attention to the fuel and brake lines including spacing. All passed without issue.

Last check was the brake test where the car held while letting the clutch out.

All in all the actual inspection took about 1/2 hour, but then had to run back in to pay $50 for a Vin #. Went back out and they placed the VIN on the square crossmember under the dash next to the FFR #. Follow the CT requirements for the composite vehicles and you should not have a problem.

They never looked at the pipes even though everything was visible with regards to guarding.

The worst part of all was then waiting in line an additional 3.5 hours to get the plates. This also hurt a little as I never paid in State sales tax for the kit so the bill was a little higher than expected... Anyway was titled as a 1965 Composite Cobra with Classic Plates. As a side note, car had a 1983 block and was carbureted. No special emissions other than the stock 1983 equipment. Did not have to emission test..

Thanks for everyone's input and guidance. It is and will be appreciated...on to carb tuning..

Squid

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great!
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds great. Thanks for the info, I did not know that you can pay the inspection fee at Enfield priory to going to Weathersfield.

I hope to be going around September time frame to get mine done.
    Need pictures!