Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mods for donor pedal box

Post Thanks / Like

Question Mods for donor pedal box

What mods are recommended for the brake pedal ? I see Mike Everson does a mod, is this what everyone does or is per the manual ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless you are running manual brakes or want the pedals spaced a little farther apart, no mods are needed to the pedal box. You'll want to throw out the accelerator pedal and get Russ Thompson's pedal. It is much better than the modified setup described in the manual (I tried modifying the donor pedal first, then ordered Russ' pedal).

If you have no power assist for the brakes, you'll want to thave the brake pedal modified. Mike Everson does a great job modifying the brake pedal for manual brakes.
    Coupe #497 delivered 7/29/10. Engine in on 10/1/10. Pushcart on 10/4/10. First start on 12/01/10. First go-cart on 12/31/10. Finished and on the road as of February 2012.
    Coupe Body Buck Plans - My Spray Booth - Painting Lessons Learned
    Build site: www.bamacoupe.blogspot.com
    Lots of build photos and some observations: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53614858@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    With my '04 Mach 1 (4.6 DOHC mod motor) donor, space on the right of the footbox is at a premium (the 4.6 utilizes a more intrusive engine side driver's footbox panel). To provide a little more clearance, utilized the top accelerator pedal mounting hole as is, but pivoted the bracket clockwise a bit and then drilled a new hole into the frame mounting plate. Then, bent the brake and clutch pedals to the left about one inch each. This seems to offer enough pedal spacing, but won't really be able to verify until on the road.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Peddle bender

Post Thanks / Like
    Tim,

That tool is too kool. BTW, your shoes don't match - best to turn on the light when you get dressed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Potts View Post
    Peddle bender

Very old thread but wondering if anyone has a pedal bender to loan. In need and in TX. Thanks in advance for the time.