Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: California Registration Success! (so far)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, despite the return from paint being two weeks late, things are moving along well. Got the car back yesterday evening. Got a seat back in it so I could drive it but did not have time to install lights, mirrors, under body metal, etc. CHP was fine with that, he said he just wanted to see chassis number, engine number, paperwork and receipts. After about 30 minutes inspecting the engine and chassis, and 30 minutes more doing paperwork, received a blessing using the FFR serial number stamped on the frame as the VIN number. Gave me a few options on where to place the VIN number tag supplied by FFR after I have it engraved with the number. He did say the pipes were to loud when I drove it out of the trailer but didn't mention it again. I'll update again after the brake and lamp inspection and the CARB ref inspection, both this Thursday.
    MK4 - complete kit - Blueprint 427W - Holly Sniper EFI - TKO 600 .64 - 3.55 3 link - 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    I am still waiting for my DMV letter so that I can make my BAR appt. Called DMV and after a long time on hold was told it should be in the mail soon. I have all ready done the Brake and Light inspections. I am very interested to hear about your BAR inspection. That is my next hurdle.