BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone else been watching the weather for London this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else been watching the weather for London this weekend?

I've been thinking about making my first trip to London with my partially completed roadster this week. Towing it on an open trailer from Alabama (8+ hrs). I see 90% chance of storms Friday 60% Sat.

Having never been to London and not knowing the people or venue, I am wondering what the weather will do to the event? and if its still worth towing my roadster up there or just ride in my comfy daily driver and leave the truck at home and the cobra in the garage.

Any feedback from veterans on what the turn out and event is like with bad weather? Sounds like half the fun is in the hotel parking lot in the evenings looks at cars, but if they are all in their enclosed trailers that might change the dynamic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty normal midwest weather forecast unfortunately. Storms can pop up most any time / any place when the conditions are right. But it's real hit and miss and not necessarily the same as a steady rain for hours. The forecast (and actual conditions...) could change as the dates get closer and even the day of. Cars will be out, although many under cover if it's raining at the moment. People will be out too. Last year, Friday was 5+ inches (or whatever it was...) from the remnants of a tropical storm. But the show still went on and Saturday was nice. It's a crap shoot either way. It could be forecast for sunny and 70 all weekend today and still rain when the time comes...
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking less than ideal but I've attended for 17 years and for me the event is more about being with friends than it is about the cars. At this point there is about a 95% probability that my roadster will stay home in the garage and I'll attend in a Subaru Forester...and I'll have just as good a time as ever!

Jeff