Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Used Engine Value?

Post Thanks / Like

Used Engine Value?

I installed a new small block stroker in my car last month to replace the previous Ford Racing 302 "B"-cammed engine rated at 345 horsepower. The 302 has a little less than 35,000 miles on it, doesn't burn or leak any oil or coolant, runs great and is complete from air cleaner to oil pan. It has an Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap intake, Edelbrock aluminum water pump, Summit Racing 600 cfm carb, and an MSD billet distributor. It also comes with the starter index plate, correct 50-oz fly wheel, and clutch and pressure plate assembly.

I'm going to try and sell it locally. What do you think a fair price would be?
    302 Front.JPG
    302 Rear.JPG
    Last edited by Jim Doak; 06-20-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone is too scared to chime in so here I go... looks like she's about $6500 brand new, long block only... so I'd maybe start around $4k and see where that leaves ya. Don't devalue it and don't pass up a bird in the hand!
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2022 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be a little more generous in selling at $3k. Reason, give another member a deal. If you sit on it, you don't gain anything. If you're trying to sell it on CL or Ebay, ask the $4k. I'm a believer in giving back. jmo
    I'm just a victim of a thousand physic wars!
    www.weendoggy.com/cobra.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. Doak, having seen this engine run, and also the privilege of driving it, I would be interested if the price is right

This would be a great way to bootstrap my project!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got it listed on a local web site (KSL) and am asking $3500. I guess I'll see how much serious local interest I get, but as Glenn (weendoggy) mentioned, I don't gain anything by simply letting it sit in my garage...
    Last edited by Jim Doak; 06-21-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So was it a "new" turn-key crate engine from Ford when you purchased it? If so, with that mileage, I think $3500 is a good price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AC Bill View Post
    So was it a "new" turn-key crate engine from Ford when you purchased it? If so, with that mileage, I think $3500 is a good price.
    Yes, it was an all-new long block that I purchased from Max - old timer's probably remember him - from Five Star Ford back in 2006.