Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 17 coyote tach wiring

Post Thanks / Like

17 coyote tach wiring

I have a 2017 version of the coyote. The gauges are the Autometer set from FFR. I know I’ve read it on here but I currently can’t find it and want to verify before I take this step. Do I tap into the purple wire on cylinder 7 (left rear) and run a wire all the way to the gauge for tach signal? Thanks in advance.
    MkIV complete kit #9259, Coyote, TKO600, IRS, Wilwoods x 4, many parts from Breeze, Forte, Russ's Garage and North Racecars
    17" Bullit style wheels, custom Kirkey seats, mid shift conversion, drop trunk, KRC power steering, Forte Hyd. clutch and slave, manual brakes
    overall build plan: build it to drive, not polish and black it out wherever possible, paint will be some shade of dark cherry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhunter View Post
    I have a 2017 version of the coyote. The gauges are the Autometer set from FFR. I know I’ve read it on here but I currently can’t find it and want to verify before I take this step. Do I tap into the purple wire on cylinder 7 (left rear) and run a wire all the way to the gauge for tach signal? Thanks in advance.
    99% certain the tach connection for the 2017 will be the same as my 2015 version, documented here: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post221568.

Two comments: First, doesn't matter which cylinder you tap into. I picked #7 because it was the most convenient for my connections. As along as you get the proper trigger wire, you can pick any cylinder you like. Second, these directions will get the required signal. But I'm not familiar with how it would be connected to Autometer gauges. For Speedhut, it can go directly to the tach and with the proper calibration works without anything else. I've heard from a couple sources the Autometer gauges require a tach adapter. But I don't know that first hand.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.