Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Advice on selling my MKIV

Post Thanks / Like

Advice on selling my MKIV

Hey all,

I am thinking about selling my MKIV and was wondering what y'all think would be a good starting point.

I have an MKIV and we used a 1998 Mustang 5.0 as the donor car. I have had it for years and never really upgraded anything on it. I got it titled and just enjoyed it.

Any thoughts on a high/low price I should start or end with?

I cannot edit my location from when I started, but we live in Tennessee now. We are not going to Germany (we were already there).

Thanks in advanced for any input!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jason Rowe; 06-21-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi.

If you are still in Germany, I would go discuss with some of the "old timer" clubs and see what they suggest. Any pricing info from the USA will be meaningless in Germany.

If the car is in North America and you are relocating to Germany, then I think you should give the car to me to avoid the hassle of selling a car remotely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being your in Germany, makes it very hard to use other MK4's sold in the US, as a comparison for pricing.

I suspect the cost of importing the kit from FFR is considerably more expensive, as would be rounding up the needed parts to complete it. I am not aware of another comparable replica being produced in Germany, so it makes your roadster fairly unique. I think though, to make it marketable, you will have to see what other replica's are actually selling for there. Look at what they have in the way of features and equipment, drive train, etc., to help you come up with a price.

Some examples here.
    http://www.theparking.eu/used-cars/a...a-germany.html

Post Thanks / Like
    We live in Tennessee right now. I cannot figure out how to change my location. lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Jason,

I upgraded your account to full access so you can change your profile. (I changed your location for you )

We need details about all your options and pics would be nice too. Of course regional pricing will come into effect but to get an idea of it's worth we need more specifics.

There's more to it; staging is very important (nice pics) as well as a complete description of the car and it's features.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    With that color scheme I would roll up in Knoxville on a football Saturday with a for sale sign. Pretty sure it would be gone by the end of the day!
    I really would not have a good speculation on value.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    With that color scheme I would roll up in Knoxville on a football Saturday with a for sale sign. Pretty sure it would be gone by the end of the day!
    I really would not have a good speculation on value.
    YES! This x a zillion. Volunteer fans are in a whole 'nother league... Put it in Church Street United Methodist Church parking lot (on Henley Street just before the bridge; fee goes to their Youth Choir) and you'll get TONS of views.

John
    Knoxville Native
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    I never really thought of that. Lol. I will be honest, I don't really want to sell it locally. It might kill me if I saw someone else driving it around.

So David mentioned options. Well, its pretty basic. Like I said, everything came out of a used 98 Ford Mustang GT 5.0. It has about 68,000 miles, heater, no dents or anything. I have only put 2000 miles on it since it was up and running. All lights work, engine is fine, no oil leaks or any other leaks of any kind. The plan was always to replace things as it broke, but nothing has broke or needed replacement as long as I have owned it.

I am hoping at a minimum I can get 25k for it. Checking on eBay and such I don't think the will be a problem. I just don't want to sell it too low or try to get too much and price gouge someone. I want to ask a fair and reasonable price but unfortunately there is no KBB.com or anything like that for this kind of car (as you all know).

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Don't Do It!
    Too Hard To Replace From My My Vantage Point.
    Heck, Too Hard To Finish When Life Throws You A Curve Or Two Or Three!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-24-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The value of it is the price you are willing to sell it for and the price someone is willing to buy it for! I dont think you will "gouge" anybody. If the price is to high it wont sell. If you want 25 dont start at 25, you can only go down in price. I pass a lot of deals thinking "thats to expensive" and the person behind me thinks they got a killer deal.
    Depending on how fast you want to sell will change your asking price. If you have time start higher.
    And as Godad said, it will take $$$ to sell it and then get another later.
    Mk3.1 347 AFR 205cc Heads A9L EFI siemens deca 60lb injectors MSD 6AL ignition Vortech V-3 3 Link PS/PB

-- If you can’t fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem ! —

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    This forum is the best place to sell an FFR in my opinion. I have sold 4 all from here fast and easy.