Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Covercraft Weathershield HP car cover is awesome

Post Thanks / Like

Covercraft Weathershield HP car cover is awesome

Read through some posts and purchased the Covercraft Weathershield HP Part #C17409PG in gray. Fits great and sheds water. Waiting on PS roll bar to arrive and install so that's why the cover looks the way it does on PS rear. This is the dual roll bar model. Hoping this helps someone else.

Post Thanks / Like
    I searched the site for covercraft part number, but it is not found

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver_WT View Post
    I searched the site for covercraft part number, but it is not found
    Pulled it right off the paperwork. Here is a link. https://www.carcoverworld.com/coverc...thershield-ffr

Post Thanks / Like
    Got It. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks nice, I have the cover that FFR sells but its not good for the rain. I'll be getting one of these and keeping it in the trunk in case it rains while out, thanks you just help me spend more money..hahah. I couldnt help to notice, nice cabinets in your garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidW View Post
    Looks nice, I have the cover that FFR sells but its not good for the rain. I'll be getting one of these and keeping it in the trunk in case it rains while out, thanks you just help me spend more money..hahah. I couldnt help to notice, nice cabinets in your garage.
    Glad to help. Thanks for the compliment on the cabinets. Its actually the wifes garage, notice the wooden deer in the wedding dress on the wall......LOL. She is letting me use it until I get the race car restored due to limited space in my shop next to the house.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like this cover and am thinking of a purchase. Does anyone have experience using the cover when the pipes are hot? I would like a cover if I get caught in the rain.
    Mk4 Roadster, Picked up complete kit 8/22/14. Most FFR options except Wilwood brakes and IRS. First start 11/11/14. Go-kart 3/8/15. 347 Stroker, TKO 500, 3-link/3.27 rear. PA street legal 7/29/15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMOCO View Post
    I like this cover and am thinking of a purchase. Does anyone have experience using the cover when the pipes are hot? I would like a cover if I get caught in the rain.
    If you just parked and it rains you are SOL unless you raise the sides off the pipes somehow. The pipes will melt any car cover I know of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I had a less expensive cover and put it on my car one evening when it was still hot and raised the sides, but it slipped and melted on the SS sidepipes, ruined the cover but fortunately came off the sidepipes when they cooled.
    I replaced it last year with a Covercraft Weathershield HP car cover and couldn't be happier. It's a great cover!
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    There are cockpit covers that would take care of this situation. I just bought one, red with matching white stripes for my car. The vendor isn’t a sponsor so I don’t want to get in trouble but I think folks should know there are options out there.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a factory five MKIV Cobra and I'm having a ton of fun. I have the tonneau cover on in the garage, do you all recommend that I utilize a car cover in the garage as well?