Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ebrake mounting on hotrod question

Post Thanks / Like

Ebrake mounting on hotrod question

I'm trying to figure if the directions in the manual for mounting the ebrake is correct or I'm just not looking at it correctly.
    The ebrake is all together, I still have a handful of bolts and a few nuts left, one big washer, and a wing nut. All of these parts were in the ebrake bag of parts, they all can't be needed.
    The rear mount is a no brainier, did you just drill a hole all the way thru the 1" tube and use your own hardware? The supplied hardware for the front is too short.

Update...OK got it figured out. The pic on page 330 was throwing me off.
    Still don't know what the extra hardware is for, I'll just toss it in the bag with all the other extra hardware that came with the kit.
    Last edited by JimLev; 06-21-2018 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Added more

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    I'll just toss it in the bag with all the other extra hardware that came with the kit.
    that bag is growing, right? I have a large pile of extras!
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, so there is a problem why the ebrake doesn't fit in the pre cut hole and hits the tranny cover. The pic on page 330 in the latest manual is from 2012, doesn't reflect the current build.
    Have any of you guys had this problem?
    Enlarging the hold is the quick fix. The seat hits the back of the ebrake, I'm going to move the ebrake forward a little.
    I sent a few pics to Jesper at FFR today. Here is his response
    ------------------
    Jim,
    Thanks for the pictures. Since those manual pictures were taken 3/2012 (when I built a Hot Rod) we have changed the molded transmission tunnel slightly. I was not aware that it changed in the e-brake location though. Check your seat fitment with the handle and yes, cut the floor. I am surprised that I have not heard this call before. I am going to change the laser cut now.

If you run into other issues that need cutting like this please let me know.

Jesper Ingerslev
    Director of Engineering
    Factory Five Racing
    [email protected]
    -------------------

DSCN2161.JPG

DSCN2163.JPG

DSCN2164.JPG

DSCN2165.JPG

DSCN2167.JPG

DSCN2170.JPG

DSCN2171.JPG
    Last edited by JimLev; 06-22-2018 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Typo

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim,

How did you move the ebrake handle forward. Mine looks exactly like yours with the ribbed part of the ebrake handle hitting the seat, which I don't love. Maybe my passenger seat is too far forward.
    Ryan
    33 Hot Rod
    350 SBC with TKO 500, 3 link rear

Post Thanks / Like
    Rychi1, see the it's in post 146.
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-s-Build/page4

I bolted a 1/4" aluminum plate to where the back of the ebrake was suppose to bolt to. That allowed me to move the rear mount forward. The front mount gets bolted to the frame.
    I used a few washers on the front L bracket so I could keep the brake handle closer to the tunnel cover.
    Let me know if you need more info or pics.