FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MKIV For Sale - Tennessee (Revised info/price)

Post Thanks / Like

MKIV For Sale - Tennessee (Revised info/price)

I am selling my MKIV. I bought her about 8 years ago and really have not done anything to it.

The car has the 4 link rear suspension wirh VPM rear coil over shocks.
    The rear is from a 98 mustang GT.
    The engine is a 94 mustang
    Transmission is a T-5 manual 5 speed from a 93 stang.
    The front shocks are Koni coil overs.
    No struts on the car.

I have a clear title, registered in Idaho. $27,500 OBO

Everything runs just fine. No leaks. All lights work. The only thing that doesn't work is the windshield wiper motor. I never got around to fixing that because I do not drive it in the rain. I have a custom cover for it that is orange leather with the white stripe down it. It covers the entire cockpit and connects on the exhaust. It is for when I park it and its hot or if it starts to rain, it will cover the entire cockpit.

Also, I cut out all of the padding in the bottom part of the driver seat. I am a little taller and cutting it out gave me a little more room. That would obviously need repaired or replaced. My intention was to put in some Kirkey racing seats but I never got around to it.

Lastly, recently it occasionally dies when you push the clutch in to stop. Maybe once every 10-15 times you stop. I took it to a mechanic and he said its more than likely the MAF sensor. He told me if it were cleaned it would more than likely remedy the problem. Not expensive to replace.

Those are really the only 3 things wrong with the car.

Motor had about 66k miles on it (according to the person I purchased the car from) and I have put about 2100 miles on it over the past 6-7 years.
    Paint is a 9/10 as I drove this car. Just a few very minor specs here and there from driving it normally.
    I have attached many pictures that I took the past year. Please let me know if you have any further questions or anything.

If you are wondering WHY I am selling my dream car - it is because we have one child and she is now a teenager. The wife said she wants a boat so we can do family things and create a few memories the last 3 years she is here in high school. Sigh - you know the drill. We do what the wife wants. I guess on the flip side I am going to get a truck and a boat (although I would prefer decking out Clem with a 427 and making her bad ***).

Alas - hit me up with any questions you might have!

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jason Rowe; 07-02-2018 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Had some incorrect information on the original post

Post Thanks / Like
    Interested in your car if still available. What part of Tennessee are you located?

Post Thanks / Like
    Clarksville, Tennessee.

I have some updated information in the post. I went through my old paperwork and noticed I had some things wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rowe View Post
    I guess on the flip side I am going to get a truck and a boat (although I would prefer decking out Clem with a 427 and making her bad ***).

From what I have been told, a boat is a hole in the water in which you throw money into.
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSapp View Post
    From what I have been told, a boat is a hole in the water in which you throw money into.
    BOAT Bust Out Another Thousand

Post Thanks / Like
    As a previous boat owner, this old adage is true. The two happiest days of a boat owner is the day of purchase, and the day of selling it.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you need to talk to the wife about keeping the car and renting a boat when you need it.
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mburger View Post
    As a previous boat owner, this old adage is true. The two happiest days of a boat owner is the day of purchase, and the day of selling it.

What he said.....owned a boat 9 years so happy to see it go