BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Front UCA options

Post Thanks / Like

Front UCA options

The New Zealand technical road transport people won't allow the SPC adjustable front upper control arm to be used on any FF kit.

Are there any other after-market options available that will fit in place of the SPC item? I think there was a billet aluminum one, but I can't find it....

Post Thanks / Like
    try Levy Racing, looks like Gordon is not a vendor here anymore but at one time I am fairly sure he had them.
    David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't see anything there.... will Mustang II UCA fit?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know there were some failures of them due to lack of or poor greasing but the new parts are very different. The original units have the grease fittings on the end and there is no way to tell if the grease is going into the bushings. I have this style on my old Mkll from 2004 and after 65,000 km I have not had any problems but I do grease them every few months. The new design have grease fittings in the center of the bushings and there are grooves in the bushing to help the grease flow. My Gen 3 coupe from 2017 has this type. I also grease them every few months but you can see the grease come out of the ends of the bushings so you can tell they are getting lubricated. Maybe this information will help you.
    David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi David, unfortunately, the NZ lawmakers don't believe the clevis attachment is strong enough, and won't allow any alternative clevis to be used. Once their mind is made up, it can't be changed.

Post Thanks / Like
    call gordon levy he makes a nice billitt aluminum. he make them in batches so he probably doesn't advertise them

7. Thanks 7ish thanked for this post