Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  50

Thread: Octobersknight's 818 Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Octobersknight's 818 Build

Hi everyone. I’ve been working on this build for almost two years now. Sort of. What I really mean is that I bought a donor in September of 2016 with a plan to buy an 818C kit in fall 2017. That didn’t work – it took longer to disassemble the donor and sell parts, so the bank account didn’t fit the kit into that year. I’ve completely gotten rid of the donor now and have shelves of parts to sell and some to keep. I’m almost ready to jump in and buy the kit. So, what follows is a series of entries on the history of the work I’ve done, the things I’ve learned, and shots of the engine work that make me proud. Eventually this thread will catch up to real life.
    I’m hoping you follow along and can offer pointers and tips, and answer some silly and serious questions I have along the way. I’ve already messaged a few 818 guys out there and was already lucky enough to meet mikeb75 and see his awesome ride (I’m about 20 minutes away, by the world’s greatest stroke of luck!). And I’ve gone back-and-forth with AZPete about his brilliant A/C work, since I think that’s a must-have. Thanks both!

Now, on to the good stuff:
    Here’s the donor – a 2006 WRX wagon, 108k miles with some front passenger door damage. I took a gamble on a Copart auction, sight unseen, going on only the “run-and-drive” description. I think I got lucky! From the engine bay, the previous owner clearly did some minor mods. Exhaust was a 3” pipe from the downpipe back. I wouldn’t find out what other mods were done to the engine until I got further in there …

0mj424f.jpg Piw8LyN.jpg yAzwucG.jpg
    Last edited by octobersknight; 07-12-2018 at 06:14 PM.

2. Likes SurgeVet liked this post