FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ralph's '35 HR adventure begins.

Post Thanks / Like

Ralph's '35 HR adventure begins.

Chassis no. 15 arrived in my driveway on Tuesday. Let the fun begin. Inventory.

Is the assembly manual of the '33 supposed to be in one of the shipping boxes?, until the '35 is available. I haven't found it yet and the online version is not as helpful as having something in your hand.

Made comment on Wallace's thread about radiator having no tranny cooler provisions. This is not a problem for you manual guys, but us old folk need the auto. Will have to investigate options.

Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Talked to Tony at FFR regarding the new design radiator with no cooling ports. He said he was using an aux. cooler mounted under the bed near the battery. His cooler has fan, which he hooked in to run when the ignition is on, no temp sensor activation. Since there is no cooling assist from the radiator, picking the proper sized cooler may be the subject of discussion.
    Ralph
    Last edited by rponfick; 07-02-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finished my inventory today with only a few surprises. I got two gauge clusters and am not sure why. I paid extra for the optional FFR one piece cluster (maybe this was the standard cluster), and got the Autometer set also. Maybe I paid for something I shouldn't have, and hopefully I can get a refund.

I was under the impression that headers came with the complete kit, like with my roadster. I inquired before the purchase, and was told you get the complete exhaust system. I must have been confused on something because there were no headers included.

There are a lot of fabricated metal components included that are not labeled, and without a manual, I have no idea what they are, or where they go. You are provided a detailed inventory listing, but if they are not labeled it is hard to figure out what you have. This is my second kit, so I have a little experienced in this.

Ralph
    Last edited by rponfick; 07-02-2018 at 06:20 PM.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    To my knowledge no kit from FFR comes with headers. They are an option.

Post Thanks / Like
    They came with my 3.1 roadster kit, but that was a few years ago.
    Does FFR sell them for a 302" Ford that fits their other components, or what are the options?
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Shorty headers for the 5.0 work. FFR sells some or you can get them from BBK, Summit, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wallace, I just talked to FFR and they do not, or, no longer sell the headers.

In ordering one, is a 302" Ford shorty header a generic term, or, do you need a specific Mustang year, model application, to get the proper one that fits the pipes FFR supplies in their kits. You mention BBK, Summit, etc., but they make a slew of shortys.

Sorry to be so dense.

Thanks, Ralph

P.S. I love your build site postings and keep them coming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rponfick View Post
    Wallace, I just talked to FFR and they do not, or, no longer sell the headers.

In ordering one, is a 302" Ford shorty header a generic term, or, do you need a specific Mustang year, model application, to get the proper one that fits the pipes FFR supplies in their kits. You mention BBK, Summit, etc., but they make a slew of shortys.

Sorry to be so dense.

Thanks, Ralph

P.S. I love your build site postings and keep them coming.
    Order set for a 92 5.0 Mustang.