Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sanity Check on EFI Fuel Pump Wiring

Post Thanks / Like

Sanity Check on EFI Fuel Pump Wiring

Greetings,

I think I'm over thinking things so I need a sanity check on the fuel pump wiring for my Holley Sniper EFI which uses its own wires for the fuel pump.

Page 14 of the Factory Five Wiring Harness instructions say the following: "If the EFI harness uses its own wires for the fuel pump, cut the small tan jumper wire close to the connector that it jumpers from and connect the fuel pump wire from the EFI harness onto the chassis harness wire. This will use the EFI computer to turn the relay on/off.

This part seems vague to me- "connect the fuel pump wire from the EFI harness onto the chassis harness wire. This will use the EFI computer to turn the relay on/off."

This mean splicing the wire from the EFI harness directly to the fuel pump wire in the Factory Five rear harness, right? I'm assuming that is the case because the Sniper EFI harness has its own relay preinstalled on its fuel pump wiring.

Thanks for the help.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can pull the fuse and relay on the RF harness and use the wiring from the sniper. If you already wired in the fuel pump then take the blue wire out of the sniper harness that goes to the relay and put it on the other side of the fuel pump cutoff switch that is normally grounded. That's what I did. I then removed the rest of the fuel pump wiring from the Sniper. Don't cut the tan as its a power wire and the sniper blue wire is a ground.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres another tip for you. If you run your own tach wire to the negative side of the coil. you wont need the 10 pin connector plugged into anything. The rest of the wires are options. Just tuck it out of the way if ever needed.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    Heres another tip for you. If you run your own tach wire to the negative side of the coil. you wont need the 10 pin connector plugged into anything. The rest of the wires are options. Just tuck it out of the way if ever needed.
    Mike
    Thanks Mike. I did run the tach wire to the negative side of the coil. I was thinking of using the EFI to run the cooling fan though, so I'd have to use one of the pins on the 10 pin connector. Any thoughts there?
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the Ron Francis system to run the cooling fan.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    I used the Ron Francis system to run the cooling fan.
    Mike
    Thanks Mike.