Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 4.6L Non-A/C Power Steering Bracket

Post Thanks / Like

4.6L Non-A/C Power Steering Bracket

Does anyone have a part number or link to a 4.6L Non-A/C Power Steering Bracket? I am having a really hard time finding one!

Post Thanks / Like
    My kit came with a non-AC bracket and pulley. Are you looking for the same sort of bracket to replace the power steering pump?
    Mark IV -- 04 Mach1 Donor -- 4.6 DOHC -- TKO 600 -- 3:55 Gears -- 3 Link - Hydroboost PS & PB -- 13" PBR's Front & 11.65's Rear -- Cuesta Wiring -- Thompson Signals -- FFR Radiator, heater, wipers, and catalytic converters -- Metco DS safety loop -- Forte 7/8" front bar -- VPM 3/4" rear bar -- Champ road race pan -- Corbeau A4 Seats -- Nitto NT-05's on 17 x 9's.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I don't know! On page 69 of my instruction book it says that in order to run PS I will need the mounting bracket from a Non-A/C car to move the PS unit up out of the way of the steering shaft. My kit isn't here for a few more days, so perhaps it is included based on your findings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Page 69 is a tad confusing. What year is your donor? SOHC or DOHC? Will you be using power steering and/or air conditioning?
    Mark IV -- 04 Mach1 Donor -- 4.6 DOHC -- TKO 600 -- 3:55 Gears -- 3 Link - Hydroboost PS & PB -- 13" PBR's Front & 11.65's Rear -- Cuesta Wiring -- Thompson Signals -- FFR Radiator, heater, wipers, and catalytic converters -- Metco DS safety loop -- Forte 7/8" front bar -- VPM 3/4" rear bar -- Champ road race pan -- Corbeau A4 Seats -- Nitto NT-05's on 17 x 9's.

Post Thanks / Like
    2002 SOHC Donor that came with A/C, planning on removing the A/C and keeping the power steering for the build.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the AC compressor is tucked under the passenger side front of the engine, then the bracket that comes with the kit will eliminate the compressor. If the PS pump is tucked under th driver side front of the engine, then it can stay there and your all set.

Post Thanks / Like
    That answers that, I think that I am all set. Thank you for your time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt is absolutely correct, PS pump stays where it is (reservoir will have to move), AC compressor goes away and your kit will have a pulley to simulate the AC

Also with that set up you should not have to do the oil filter relocation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. I have the same engine (2002 4.6 SOHC) and the power steering pump is ok, I moved the PS reservoir a bit higher and added an elbow to one of the lines to move it further away from the steering shaft. Now the steering shaft goes in between the two lines coming off the bottom of the PS reservoir.