Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Status on Coupe #104

Post Thanks / Like

Status on Coupe #104

As mentioned earlier, I ordered a complete Type 65 kit in the beginning of April. I was not 100 % convinced that it was a smart thing to do, using a lot of money to purchase a lot of work. However, after seeing the car at Factory Five for two seconds I just had to have one.

Being a big person getting in and out was no pretty sight but once in, I sat perfectly. With the Florida humidity, I might lose some weight during the building process to simplify the process
    The kit as follows:
    Powder coated Coupe Gen 3 complete kit with cutouts
    GPS gauge kit
    302 mount kit
    Lowback vintage race seats
    Power steering
    IRS and sway bars
    AC
    Carpet
    Both leather and wood steering wheels (could not make up my mind)Susp.jpgHjul.jpg
    Side windows
    Nose scoops
    17” wheels
    12.88” Wilwood brakes

In addition, I will add items like wipers, front lights, electrical items, etc from other suppliers

I had plans to have the chassis rolling with the engine installed this summer. As I live in Norway and building the car in Florida, I can only work on it during my vacations. Unfortunately, I took one month before delivery and has quite a few suspension parts on back order. A deposit has been paid on the engine, 347 with FI, and trans, TKO 600, for mid-July delivery. Newer did, but rescheduled for my next visit.

I was able to do the inventory, almost perfect, and install most of the front suspension and brakes. I have also started drilling aluminum and have used a few Clico clamps! Brems.jpgI will be back in Florida for Christmas, hopefully with all parts in place. In the meantime, I will be following the forum and plan the next steps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Next week I will have a 180 lbs delivery from FF. That should most likely close most lines on the missing parts list. Looking forward to it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sigurd,

Welcome to the madness! Looks like you're off and running!

FYI I changed the title of your thread. Here how you can do it:
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...tle-Guidelines

Great start so far!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)