BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Exhaust Studs

Post Thanks / Like

Exhaust Studs

I need 8 exhaust studs from a Coyote engine. Hopefully someone changed to bolts and have some on hand. I shortened some of mine to use the stud and nuts, but forgot to allow for gasket thickness. They will work, but would like a few more threads showing through the steel lock nut.
    Let me know how much and shipping cost and I will follow up.
    Thanks,
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 8 studs that you can have, just pay for shipping. Do you want the nuts too? PM me with your address.
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

Post Thanks / Like
    Ducky2009, you have a PM.
    Thanks,
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to acknowledge the help from Ducky2009 for providing the exhaust studs for my engine.
    A greatly appreciated gesture of help and generosity from a fellow FFR owner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a reason you stuck with studs instead of using the new bolts? I was starting at my engine contemplating the same thing last night... any help appreciated!
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2022 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used both on various engines and have had better luck with studs/nuts staying tight and getting gaskets and headers aligned on installation. I can easily access all on the passenger side and some on the drivers side. Some I had to shorten and messed up, as mentioned above. I bought a set of Stage Eight bolts with the E clips and wings, if I have any problems. On another note, all the threads on the aftermarket bolts look like they are dropped at some point before final packaging. I will run a thread restorer over them, to avoid damage to the threads in the heads. I have not compared length, but the studs look like they go deeper into the heads than the aftermarket bolts. I think the threads on the nut side of the studs are a finer thread, than those on the head side, thus better clamping and more resistance to loosening.
    I hope there is an answer to your inquiry, somewhere in my ramblings.
    Last edited by Railroad; 07-06-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a Coyote but I've had great luck with allen socket set screws as studs. Pick the length, buy the nuts that work for the application. With studs you can bottom the screws getting as much thread engagement into the head as possible, then the studs act as hangers when mounting the gaskets and headers. This may not be the cool ARP solution but only costs about $15-20 including the screws, washers & nuts and you'll have extras. www.McMaster.com

Jim