Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Emissions Testing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Emissions Testing

Hello Roadsters, i recently built, tagged, and titled a MkIV roadster. I was able to get a tag and drive it for 4 years. Georgia passed a emission law where all non-conforming vehicle must pass emissions. I have a 750 Quick Fuel Carb on it and have tried to lean it out with no luck of passing the test.

Note: They made me register the vehicle as a 2013 (which is the year on the frame). I tried to register it as a 1965 Ford but no luck.

Any help would be helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    There used to be some low emission gasoline for passing test. This was years ago and do not know if it still exists. Hope this helps.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    You may have to use an EFI and cat’s to meet the requirements

What a pain

Good luck
    #8475 Complete Kit Delivered Nov 2014, started Nov 2015, Street Legal Apr 2016, Paint and Interior Completed Aug 2017, 390 BBF, March accessory kit, MSD Atomic EFI and Ready to run, TKO 500 with MidShift kit, hooker headers, 3 link, track lock with 3.55, sway bars, power steering, wipers, heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with emissions, its always something. I went to the emissions station the other day. Prior to going I talked to the state police and they told me all I had to do was tell them it was a kit car and they would give me an exemption. Well when I went to the emissions station they had know idea what to do and gave me and extension until December......here I go again with the hoops to jump through, Maryland isn't fun to deal with.