Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Finally!

Post Thanks / Like

Finally!

I just pulled the trigger and ordered my Mk4 base roadster. My heart is pounding and I feel like yelling at the top of my lungs. The next order of business is a body buck. I live near Ithaca, NY and I was wondering if anyone, within 250 miles, has a buck to pass-on, loan, or sell? I can't wait to get started.

2. Likes doddmoore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    CONGRATS!!!! And dude... you ordered your kit... DO yell at the top of your lungs!!!
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2014 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

4. Likes initiator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would just spend the $100 bucks to build it yourself. A few reasons

1. It will give you a project to work on while you wait!
    2. I built a rollover type, that could be stored by rolling over the chassis.
    3. Shelves, I made a great shelf that I stored many parts and tools during my build.
    4. You have to go pick it up and haul it back.
    5. I built it out of strand board and 2x4, got the castors from harbor freight for cheap.
    6. Use drywal screws, they are cheap and allow you to take it apart easy if you need to.

Good Luck man, this will be the blast of your life.

Body Buck-1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kpt112; 07-09-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations From New Orleans!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations let the fun begin

Rick
    #8475 Complete Kit Delivered Nov 2014, started Nov 2015, Street Legal Apr 2016, Paint and Interior Completed Aug 2017, 390 BBF, March accessory kit, MSD Atomic EFI and Ready to run, TKO 500 with MidShift kit, hooker headers, 3 link, track lock with 3.55, sway bars, power steering, wipers, heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liferdog View Post
    I just pulled the trigger and ordered my Mk4 base roadster. My heart is pounding and I feel like yelling at the top of my lungs. The next order of business is a body buck. I live near Ithaca, NY and I was wondering if anyone, within 250 miles, has a buck to pass-on, loan, or sell? I can't wait to get started.
    Congrats!! I just hung by body from the garage ceiling using a couple of kayak hoists. I put a piece of wood between the front and the back of the cockpit to stop it from bowing but it's been up there fine since march.
    Build 1: Mk4 Complete Kit #9312 Ordered 1/27/18, Delivered 3/24/18, CA SB100 Registered 9/11/19 - Gen 2 Coyote TKO600, IRS, Power Steering, Wilwood Brakes, 17" Halibrand
    Build 2: Gen3 Coupe Complete Kit #309 Ordered 1/25/21, Delivered 6/9/21 - BluePrint GM 427 LS T56, IRS, AC, Power Steering

Post Thanks / Like
    If you do build your own body buck to roll over your chasis make sure it is wide enough to clear when you put your wheels/tires and side pipes on.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    CONGRATULATIONS FROM THE Deep South!
    "Doddmoore," Mitchell Moore on facebook, Follow Tonks347Cobra on Instagram
    MK IV Complete kit, SB Ford 347, Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 500, Moser 8.8 Solid axle, Wilwoods, Power Steering
    My Build Thread: Tonks347, The Baker's Build
    Slow and steady wins the race.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go ahead and yell. Start getting your neighbors used to loud noises coming out of your garage at all hours. Congrats and welcome.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all of the support and encouragement. After browsing the digital manual I found the pattern for the body buck. Now I need to know the dimensions for the 2x4 that goes in the cockpit opening to prevent flex during body removal/installation. Thanx to Dan @ FFR for clarification on the order form.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the current thinking is that the Mk4 body doesn't need an anti-flex 2x4 strut during body removal. The new under-door sections are beefier than previous versions. If you watch the FF videos showing them removing the body, you'll see how much bend they can take without a problem. It's a little tense the first time you do it, then you realize you're not going to hurt anything.

Also, look through the forum for a new design of the rear body buck profile. It's not a big deal because virtually any support is enough for the body, but in my 2016 version of the manual, the rear body buck profile didn't match the car at all.
    Mk4 #8861 Complete kit. Delivered: 27 Apr 2016, currently a roller.
    Gen-2 Coyote, clutch, TKO600, midshift, and solid axle from Forte. Many pieces from Breeze and Replicarparts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. The digital manual was version 3. I don't know if this the same version as yours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations from a little down state!! Are you picking it up from the factory? feel free to PM if you need any info

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations ��, if you think you are excited now wait till it is delivered, and the first start. Finally when you get it back from the painter. Please remember we are always here to help you blow thru your budget.
    Doug
    FFR 7995
    347 SBF Prestige Mototsports, Moser 8.8 (3.31) 3 Link, TKO 600, Nitto 555s, 17" Halibrands, PS, AC, Heat, Color Redfire Pearl, with Wimbledon White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    I got one for ya. I am about 30 mile south of Rochester, NY! Just sent mine for paint.
    Chuck Krueger
    MK4 Kit - Picked up 4/5/14, Complete Kit, 3-Link, Wilwood upgrade, Coyote, TKO 500, First Start 7/25/15
    2000 C5
    2003 C5 Z06
    2007 C5 Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrueger View Post
    I got one for ya. I am about 30 mile south of Rochester, NY! Just sent mine for paint.
    I replied to your member page, please check it out and get back to me and we can get this underway. Thanx