Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  211
Likes Likes:  50
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Meindl Mk IV Build - Graduation

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Pete and family! You made it! Now the hard part, choosing a paint color.
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.

2. Thanks PeteMeindl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations! So great that you got to build this car as a family -- your sons will remember this experience for the rest of their lives. FYI, I found your build thread very helpful, as I am also approaching this project with virtually no previous experience. Have fun with your new Roadster!
    MKIV Complete Kit #9822 l BluePrint 347 EFI l TKO600 l Power Steering l Heater/Defrost l Build Thread

4. Thanks PeteMeindl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GTBradley View Post
    Congratulations Pete and family! You made it! Now the hard part, choosing a paint color.
    Ha! Yeah, good point... Although we've toyed with a few ideas, I think in the end we'll be a classic blue with white stripes.

Thank you very much for your inspiration and help during the build, Bradley!
    2018 Factory Five Mk IV, Gen 2 Coyote, Tremec TKO 600 5 speed, complete kit, standard brakes and rear axle;
    Delivered: 5 Sept 2018
    First start: 31 Aug 2019
    First go-cart: 22 Sept 2019
    Basically done except paint: May 2020
    Graduation: June 2021

6. Likes GTBradley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB in NOVA View Post
    Congratulations! So great that you got to build this car as a family -- your sons will remember this experience for the rest of their lives. FYI, I found your build thread very helpful, as I am also approaching this project with virtually no previous experience. Have fun with your new Roadster!
    Thanks a lot, JB! If nothing else, you can learn what not to do from looking at my thread!

You're making quick progress on yours, that's for sure. Looks great!
    2018 Factory Five Mk IV, Gen 2 Coyote, Tremec TKO 600 5 speed, complete kit, standard brakes and rear axle;

Post Thanks / Like
    Pete - what a great adventure, congratulations!
    Mk4 #8861 Complete kit. Delivered: 27 Apr 2016, currently a roller.
    Gen-2 Coyote, clutch, TKO600, midshift, and solid axle from Forte. Many pieces from Breeze and Replicarparts.

9. Thanks PeteMeindl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When do you plan for the DMV inspection?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pete....Lets here some details on the 911 project. I'm thinking of one for my next project too. Are you doing a build thread on a 911 forum?
    MK IV - #9586, Gen 2 Coyote, TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D02G View Post
    Hi Pete....Lets here some details on the 911 project. I'm thinking of one for my next project too. Are you doing a build thread on a 911 forum?
    Hi D02G,
    For the 911 project, we just got a 1986 Carrera Targa and we'd really love to learn about engines, so we're thinking about projects we can do there. We'll start out with some small projects but the long term goal would be to take the engine out and do a rebuild. What are you thinking about? Yup, I'll do a build thread for the 911 project as we'll need a lot of help there, just like we did here, probably on the pelican parts 911 forum. If you have other suggestions for 911 forums, let me know! Let me know your plans, too!

Post Thanks / Like

roll bar chromed

Hi guys! It's been a while since I've had anything new to post. Still reading up on the forum, of course, to follow what you guys, my friends, are up to. But today I do have a little update. We just got our roll bar back from a chrome shop. We installed it and we're really happy with how it looks. Here it is:

We should've gone with chrome from ffr originally but we didn't know what we wanted back when we ordered the kit... The chrome roll bar looks nice with the side pipes - we're very happy with it. Other than that we're doing well and having some fun driving the cobra and working on the next project (which is in the background of the picture). A whole new learning curve!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy!

14. Likes GTBradley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pete,

Is someone in CT doing the body and paint?
    MK IV - #9586, Gen 2 Coyote, TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi DO2G,
    We're going to send our car to Jeff Kleiner to get it painted.
    Hope you are doing well!
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and quick update

Hi guys!
    I've been following along with many of your threads but it's been quite a while since I posted so I thought I'd give a quick update, especially as the driving season comes to a close up here in new england. Our car is doing really well and we're very happy with it. We've been getting it out on the nice weekends for a spin around the neighborhood and we really enjoy it. It's been running well and we haven't had any problems, which has been great. About the only issue is our speedometer/odometer still does not work that well so we'll try to tackle that one of these days but it doesn't really impinge on our enjoyment of the car. We're still waiting to get it painted and I'll certainly post some pictures once we do.
    Well, just wanted to say hi. Thanks again to everyone on this forum for being so helpful to us - we are so appreciative of you guys!
    Pete

18. Likes JB in NOVA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi!
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

Post Thanks / Like

Graduation

Hi guys!

I hope everyone is doing well and ready for a great summer. Our car has been away for a while for paint but it is now done and back in our hands and so I think it's time for some official graduation pictures. We had it painted by Ron Randall at Metal-Morphous in North Haven CT and our colors are Lexus indigo blue and GM summit white. We're very happy with how it all turned out. Thank you again to all of you guys, especially Paul, Papa, and Bradley - but many others as well - for all of the help and support along the way. This community is fantastic and we never could have done this great family adventure without you. I truly appreciate it.

Pete

By the way, as an aside, it's amazing how different the blue looks in the first and third picture despite both being in the sun. Just a little bit of cloud cover in the first 2 pictures really changes the hue. Works out well as i like the blue in the 3rd picture and Sarah likes it more in the first two so we both get our first choice sometimes!

Thanks again, guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks great. Congratulations. Definitely "picture of the month" material.

22. Thanks PeteMeindl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great work, Pete! Beautiful colors, too.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

24. Thanks PeteMeindl thanked for this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations Mr. Pete!
    ..........Well Done!

26. Thanks PeteMeindl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pete, you and the family did an amazing job.... congratulations.... Now, park it back in the living room (I remember) and watch Ford vs Ferrari, only now you have seats...

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

28. Thanks PeteMeindl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pete-

Congratulations on finishing up a beautiful build! I know the memories of building that car together will endure for a very long time. And, I have no doubt that tall tales will be told well into the future.

Thank you for sharing your progress with us, and allowing us to enjoy your work. I hope you have years of trouble free enjoyment from her; all the best!

Regards,

Steve

30. Thanks PeteMeindl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations. When the body got stored in the living room you were an instant hero. This has been a fun build to follow and the results are fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
    -Steve.
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

32. Thanks PeteMeindl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    congrats. yes, the body in the house was a great example of how supportive an accomodating our significant others need to be during this process. very nice job on the build. now go enjoy it!

34. Thanks PeteMeindl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good looking car! Well done.

36. Thanks PeteMeindl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Meindls! What a great family project. You all can be proud of your teamwork.

Congratulations, Pete. I love it.

Bradley
    Bradley

38. Thanks PeteMeindl thanked for this post
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314