Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Could not wait ... Someone is moving up in line

Post Thanks / Like

Could not wait ... Someone is moving up in line

Well patience is not one of my virtues. Even with my October 16th MK4 kit in motion I cannot wait any longer. That combined with the 6 month backlog on parts due to the supply chain issues I decided to move forward and just bought an MK2 today. When the world improves and I'm a little closer to retirement I may go ahead and look to build again.

The MK2 I bought today is Portofino Blue with a 347ci 450hp crate engine and T5. Combine that with the full set of Webers and Goodyear Billboards and it would be tougher to jump in more feet first. I'm sure I will be around to pester all of you continuously as someone said these builds are never 'done'.

If anyone recognizes the car I would love to get in contact with the previous owner or builders. The car has a Florida title from 2017 but I purchased from a Texas consignee.

MK2-1.jpgMK2-2.jpgMK2-3.jpgMK2-17.jpg1965-factory-five-cobra-mk-2 (8).jpg

2. Likes MSumners, Railroad, GoDadGo, Fman, GWL, RBachman liked this post
    Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking car! Hope those webers have been setup properly. They can be a bear to get running correctly but when properly tuned they are nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cob427sc View Post
    Nice looking car! Hope those webers have been setup properly. They can be a bear to get running correctly but when properly tuned they are nice!
    They ran great on my test drive and hoping they stay that way. Previous owner spent a lot of money on the motor so hoping he didn't go cheap with the Webers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello svassh, congrats on your purchase!

Have you driven a Roadster before? If not, I'm curious to hear about your first time experience. I haven't driven/ridden in one yet, so always curious to hear about first impressions. Thanks.
    Chris Build Thread Index
    Complete kit delivered: 10/15/2020. First Start: 6/25/22. First Go-Kart: 8/14/22. Legal: 7/25/23.
    Coyote Gen3. TKO600 (0.64 OD). IRS w/3.55. PS. Wilwoods. Sway bars.
    This build is dedicated to my son, Benjamin.
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chris

This was my 2nd one to drive. Impressed with how tight everything is, obviously the acceleration is matched by few vehicles. Really impressed with the manual brakes and mine just has the Mustang brakes. I think you're gonna love yours.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great!
    Looks like a couple nice upgrades. I noticed the cubby and new gauges, to say nothing of the stacks!
    Check the date code on the tires and be aware if they are true billboards, they are bias ply and handle like crap, and more importantly are not DOT approved.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your original kit order was 10 months ago, and you were still waiting? That's absurd.. So will FFR return 100% of your deposit, understanding that their delays are their issue, not yours? I worry FFR is spreading themselves too thin, with all these different kits, and their bread and butter roadster kits, aren't getting the attention they deserve. Delays like these could cause more builder cancellations.

Your new roadster looks great! The builder did a really nice job of it from what I can see. Enjoy the ride, and stay safe.
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AC Bill View Post
    Your original kit order was 10 months ago, and you were still waiting? That's absurd.. So will FFR return 100% of your deposit, understanding that their delays are their issue, not yours? I worry FFR is spreading themselves too thin, with all these different kits, and their bread and butter roadster kits, aren't getting the attention they deserve. Delays like these could cause more builder cancellations.

Your new roadster looks great! The builder did a really nice job of it from what I can see. Enjoy the ride, and stay safe.
    Personally I think the supplier issues are independent of the number of models FFR now sells.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AC Bill View Post

No my kit was 6 months backorder and I'm hearing those that have kits delivered its taking another 6 months for all missing parts to arrive. I think it's out of the hands of FF as they don't make the entire kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by svassh View Post
    No my kit was 6 months backorder and I'm hearing those that have kits delivered its taking another 6 months for all missing parts to arrive. I think it's out of the hands of FF as they don't make the entire kit.
    The 6 month parts backlog is at the extreme end. What that means is there are a couple of parts that might take that long. I was 5 months till I had all parts owed me. I have never reached a point where there wasn't something to keep working on. I am probably moving well ahead of the average build time. Dave said recently in the history of the company they have never kept a deposit. They will have not problem moving your kit to someone else.

Enjoy your new ride, it's a good looking car
    MK4 #10008 - Ordered 10/06/20, Delivered 03/03/21, First Start 7/22/21, First Go Kart 7/24/21
    Paint by Metal Morphous 5/14/22, Legally registered 6/8/22, Graduated 7/20/22
    Build Thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...been-delivered
    Complete Kit, Ford 306, Sniper/Dual Sync, T5, Hydraulic clutch

13. Thanks D02G thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well they have already issued my refund minus the $250 cancelation fee. No questions asked other than they hoped it wasn't something they did.

15. Likes BadAsp427 liked this post