Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  211
Likes Likes:  50

Thread: Meindl Mk IV Build - Graduation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to picture a scenario where the brake system would stop pumping fluid while there's still a supply in the reservoir. Only thing I can imagine is a blockage or failure in the master cylinder.

Maybe try bleeding the master cylinder again to see if fluid comes out from there? If that works and you still can't get fluid out of the caliper bleed port, maybe there is a blockage between the two.
    Mk4 #8861 Complete kit. Delivered: 27 Apr 2016, currently a roller.
    Gen-2 Coyote, clutch, TKO600, midshift, and solid axle from Forte. Many pieces from Breeze and Replicarparts.

2. Thanks PeteMeindl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by initiator View Post
    Hard to picture a scenario where the brake system would stop pumping fluid while there's still a supply in the reservoir. Only thing I can imagine is a blockage or failure in the master cylinder.

Maybe try bleeding the master cylinder again to see if fluid comes out from there? If that works and you still can't get fluid out of the caliper bleed port, maybe there is a blockage between the two.
    I don't think there's a blockage as when we pressure bleed, we can get plenty of fluid through the system. Hmmm.... you also mentioned a failure in the master cylinder. Maybe that's it but i just bet it's more a failure on our part! Thanks, Initiator for the suggestion!