FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Speedhut 4th of July Sale - Finally ordered my gauges

Post Thanks / Like

Speedhut 4th of July Sale - Finally ordered my gauges

I finally ordered my new gauges from Speedhut to take advantage of their 4th of July sale 15% off.
    My Mk1 has the stock gauges that I really, really, really don't like.
    I eliminated the oil temp gauge from the kit for two reasons. 1, I don't think it is needed, (for a street cruiser) and 2, I'd need to cut another hole in the dash etc.
    I also swapped the 180mph GPS gauge for the 140mph GPS gauge as for me, it just makes more sense. (previous threads on this)
    Also, I asked them to program the odometer so that I wasn't starting again at zero.
    I didn't make any changes from the stock face, pointers and no logos.
    Can't wait to get them!
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I took a quick 3 day trip to NY this weekend. Hertz gave me an Infinity Q50. It had a 180mph speedometer. The only good thing was a big digital readout of MPH in the center of the dash, otherwise I think it would have annoyed me more. If I had a 180mph speedo in my Mk1, I'm sure I'd get used to it, but right now I'm glad I got the 140mph speedo.
    IMG_0911.jpg
    Sorry about the rotated pic.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.