BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anybody seen this locost build?

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody seen this locost build?

Tooling around late at night, pondering what on EARTH my next project might be once my 818 is driving, I stumbled across this build thread from the locost USA forum...

http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12106

I've said before, and I'll repeat, you guys over here do some stunning work. So nice, that I tend to poo-poo my own work anymore. That said, I believe even the best of you will appreciate what he's done here. I'm thoroughly amazed. If you have an hour to kill, grab a couple beers and have a look through this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is nuts. Assembling is one thing. Fabricating is another.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet. Credit where it's due, but so many kits and cars like that already. I think the Factory Five kit is a good balance between having all the parts and being able to put your own creative touches on it. Just my 2 cents.
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2014 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I'm not there yet. If I tried, it certainly wouldn't look as well done as his. Actually, it might not look done at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fabrication can be fun! I'm in the middle of building a Lotus Locost from scratch. A multi-year project, of course. You can take the paid job away from the engineer, but you can't stop the gears from turning . . . . After I finished the Mark I, I needed another project.
    FFR1286K. I completed and licensed the Mark I in 2006. Full carbon fiber body. I painted it Crystal Blue Mica. Fuel injected 302 Ford engine balanced and blueprinted, GT40 intake manifold, GT40 heads and lots of performance parts, aluminum radiator, T5 transmission, 3:55 limited slip differential, Cobra disc brakes (4 wheel), Cobra R wheels, 16 gallon fuel cell, Lexan windshield, Cobra Monaco S FIA seats, RCI racing seatbelts.

Post Thanks / Like
    SLOKarl, do you have a build thread anywhere?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't. During the Cobra build, I was still working full-time plus. I took photos and wrote notes, but I never had the time to set up a build thread. With the Lotus, I'm taking lots of photos and writing notes. However, I haven't done a build thread. Now a pending move is consuming much of my free time.
    FFR1286K. I completed and licensed the Mark I in 2006. Full carbon fiber body. I painted it Crystal Blue Mica. Fuel injected 302 Ford engine balanced and blueprinted, GT40 intake manifold, GT40 heads and lots of performance parts, aluminum radiator, T5 transmission, 3:55 limited slip differential, Cobra disc brakes (4 wheel), Cobra R wheels, 16 gallon fuel cell, Lexan windshield, Cobra Monaco S FIA seats, RCI racing seatbelts.