Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bushing and other rubber stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Bushing and other rubber stuff

Hi all,

I know this may seem a silly question, by I'm quite frustrated over it. I have a MK II Roadster, I bought it built, but I took it apart and I'm rebuilding it again (yeah, people do crazy things).

Now I'm in the process of starting to put it back together and having issues finding all the bushings / rubber parts.

Below are the bushings/dust covers I cannot find:

• Steering rack bushings. It is manual steering flaming river rack. The ones I've found online, don't really look the same to the ones I have.
    • Front upper control arm dust cover.
    • There is one part of the differential that I've no idea how it's called! It's a iron block that has two bushings there some bolts go through and attach to the differential. I'm missing those bushings too.
    • Rear upper control arm bushing on the chasis side. I found the ones that go on the differential side, but not the ones that go in the chasis side

Thanks a lot for any help trying to find these things. I've tried for weeks without success (some I did find, like the steering rack belows). Below are pictures for reference.

PXL_20220410_215931910.jpgPXL_20220410_220102952.MP.jpgPXL_20220410_220138931.jpgPXL_20220410_220236968.MP.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    The steering rack bushings are commonly replaced with solid aluminum bushings, There are offset to help with alignment of the rack in the frame, and aluminum to help eliminate any movement of the rack. Mark Reynolds at Breeze sells them, as well as other vendors. https://www.breezeautomotive.com/sho...and-mkii-only/

The upper ball joint is a MOOG 722, 78-84 Chrysler part. Energy suspension or prothane sells boots.

FYIL Your front upper control arms were made by Pole Postition, Then Specialty Products CORP, Longmont, CO, bought them and they are still being made (with improvements to the pivots shaft ). Commonly sold at Summit, Jegs.

The differential part is a Fox Mustang static vibration dampener, and is not used on FFR cobras. I have one in my shop that works very well as a door stop

The control arm bushing is usually supplied with the control arms, not sure what control arms are in you photo.
    MK2 #3319.... On the road since 2002 with a lot of upgrades

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Derald Rice View Post
    The steering rack bushings are commonly replaced with solid aluminum bushings, There are offset to help with alignment of the rack in the frame, and aluminum to help eliminate any movement of the rack. Mark Reynolds at Breeze sells them, as well as other vendors. https://www.breezeautomotive.com/sho...and-mkii-only/

The upper ball joint is a MOOG 722, 78-84 Chrysler part. Energy suspension or prothane sells boots.

FYIL Your front upper control arms were made by Pole Postition, Then Specialty Products CORP, Longmont, CO, bought them and they are still being made (with improvements to the pivots shaft ). Commonly sold at Summit, Jegs.

The differential part is a Fox Mustang static vibration dampener, and is not used on FFR cobras. I have one in my shop that works very well as a door stop

The control arm bushing is usually supplied with the control arms, not sure what control arms are in you photo.
    Thanks Derald!

Post Thanks / Like
    Energy Suspension has a section where they list a huge selection of bushings by dimension.
    https://www.energysuspensionparts.co...rsal-parts.asp
    You could also look there by make/model
    https://www.energysuspensionparts.co...rsal-parts.asp
    I would try looking for 79 Mustang control arm bushings
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.