FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ouch! "From bare frame to 150 MPH in three days! Joey Logano . . ."

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch! "From bare frame to 150 MPH in three days! Joey Logano . . ."

At Barrett-Jackson FFR built a 33 in a week, for Logano's R it was 3 days. Is it just me, or do these quick builds give the wrong impression? I've had guys say it's just a kit car, it comes in a box, like Lego, etc. Doesn't a quick build just fan those flames?
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

2. Thanks Lemmingstyle thanked for this post

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not when you've got a crew that has built hundreds of these cars, has all the parts and tools available and the bodies are already done/painted.

It's the 1st one that takes time.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had friends and family follow my build. I dont post regularly only ever few months. They are blown away by the sheer mess that was in my garage to the current car I have. There is no doubt most of them feel I am doing something extraordinary. If someone thinks this is a Lego, they dont have the know how nor the skill-set, and their opinion is ignored. I have 2 years of engine building, trans building, and 9 months of assembly that gives the reality of a good everyday build. This is all while I am finishing a Masters degree, deploying, and raising my family.