BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Triming Waterfall to fit

Post Thanks / Like

Triming Waterfall to fit

OK Guys,
    Like others, I am not very happy with the way the waterfall trims out around the door hinges. I would like to cut out all that extra glass and have the darn thing fit against the body inside of the hinges. I know someone did this before me but I can't find the pictures of how it was done. I'd like to eliminate any interference with the hinges and clean up the whole look so it appears more "normal" than the FFR way of nailing it in place and hoping it fits. This picture is what I am thinking can be cut away. Please respond if you have a good way to do this so it looks right. thanks

waterfall cut.jpg

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't help with a method for what you want but if you mess up yours trying to modify it DON'T buy a new one. I have one that I can't use if you need to replace yours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Working with the waterfall was like everything else sort of a challenge. My kit was 5 years old when I got it. The waterfall had previously been fitted but the repair work was not substantial. The fiberglass had split. So I reinforced and built out the cracked seams.

Interior-107.jpgInterior-108.jpgInterior-109.jpgInterior-110.jpgInterior-111.jpgInterior-112.jpgInterior-114.jpgInterior-115.jpgInterior-116.jpgInterior-140.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    The waterfall was trimmed when I got the kit. The hinges fit only through the body side of the sill, not the waterfall. Picture 10 of 10 tells the story.

P1010068.JPGP1010069.JPGP1010070.JPGP1010075.JPGP1010076.JPGP1010077 (1).jpgThrashing-9.jpgCarpet-1.JPGCarpet-20.JPGCarpet-36.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Once I decided to upholster the waterfall I had to let the professionals handle it. Sorry about the picture dump, I just dealt with it the way I received it. I would have liked to have had more there to work with but I think it turned out okay.

Seq-17d4.jpgSeq-17d4.jpgSeq-17e5.jpgSeq-17e6.jpgSeq-17e7.jpg
    Last edited by wrp; 09-08-2018 at 12:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine would not even fit, had to cut the back corners and cut the sides. the part that you are looking at is still a problem on PS will look into that it comes apart for paint.