Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 94-04 Donor Pedal Box Instructions

Post Thanks / Like

94-04 Donor Pedal Box Instructions

Does anyone have a picture of the donor pedal box modifications for the 94-04?

The instructions state "On the pedal box, measure down 1.5" from the stock location and mark the pedal box on both sides"

I am moving the pivot point of the brake pedal down 1.5"?

Also, I wanted to double check that I am supposed to modify the pedal. My 02 pedal is opposite the manual. Notice the pin is on the opposite side of the pedal shaft.

IMG-2556.JPGIMG-2555.jpg
    Last edited by FFR9375; 07-16-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    If doing manual brakes then yes. The hole is already on one side of the box. Just transfer it through. the pedals varied a lot in these year pedal boxes. You might find you cannot shorten your due to the short distance between the pivot and mount. You will need to find a different pedal or just skip it and go with power brakes.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a complete pedal box with the modified pedal and Whitby adjustable pushrod you can have for the cost of shipping. I had to have the Whitby push rod because the one removed from the booster (as per the instructions) had an offset where it attached to the pedal and didn't line up with the master cylinder correctly. This caused binding in the master cylinder. The Whitby pushrod is straight and worked perfectly. I converted to power brakes last winter and had to buy a complete assembly just to get the none shortened pedal.

Having said that, I would do power brakes now, if I were you. Whitby sells a kit or you can just purchase a booster for an 87-93 Mustang and do the Michael Everson frame mod yourself. The toughest part is making the hole in the forward footbox larger to accept the booster bellows. I converted to power brakes on a completed the car and that is about as much fun as a root canal without anaesthetic.

HTH

Norm

Post Thanks / Like
    I would not cut that pedal or move the pivot point yet - test carefully during go-kart phase.

I am having excellent results with a 21mm bore master cylinder from a 87-88 Tbird - there is also a Fox body 21mm MC available if you prefer the look of that - used with SN95 front brakes (single piston fronts, '95 GT), 89 Tbird rears (45mm piston).

This is used with a 4:1 stock pedal - as Mike noted above, there are several different pedals that came in those pedal boxes.

Cutting the 1.5" out of the pedal and moving the pivot point will take you to around 6:1 ratio, depending on which pedal you start with - but some of them become unworkable if you try to cut the 1.5" out (some pedals already have a higher ratio, but not the new pivot point).

Try a 21mm MC with what you have and test during go-kart - you will almost certainly need an adjustable pushrod.

I can provide more specific measurements on the I'm using pedal later if requested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the offer, and the tips. I will put off modifying it at all for now and address it during the go-cart phase.