FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Revised bolt Torque

Post Thanks / Like

Revised bolt Torque

I think I am ready to locktite and tq the driveshaft in.
    I am looking for the link to the revised torque on the bolts.
    I must have deleted the email.
    thanks,
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My chart from the build school says 70-95 lbft but it's from 2013.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking I got an email with revised torque values, just recently.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    I received an email and updated instructions for my Coupe 2015+ IRS. Reasonable to assume the Roadster is the same. Shows the driveshaft adapter to the pinion flange is 41 ft-lbs. And driveshaft to driveshaft adapter is 70 ft-lbs. This is a reduction from the original instructions that were 80 ft-lbs. Loctite is only shown on the adapter to pinion flange. But I'd use blue on both.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the letter along with a package of 4 bolts about 3 weeks ago. It said to use the new longer bolts.
    The bolts they sent were shorter than the ones that came with the kit. I threw the shorter bolts in my bag of "not needed" parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. Edwardb, that is what I am looking for. Thanks for the info and advise. I was considering red loctite, but think blue will do the job.