Ready to have some fun building a 33 HR in a few months and going through the planning stages now. Making sure I know what I'm getting into

Was researching different engine options and also checking out local suppliers vs FFR partners (e.g. Blueprint). The Canadian currency conversion plus shipping is a huge it in the pocket book.

The question of EFI vs Carb came up with a local supplier. He claims that he sees reliability issues with aftermarket EFI and much prefers a carb - we're talking about EFI add-ons in place of a 4 barrel, like Holley Sniper. I tried to probe further and he basically mentioned that the systems seem to have electrical problems and computer problems. Since modern day autos have a ton of computers in them I would have thought that aftermarket systems would be fairly sorted too. Before getting his opinion I was thinking that an EFI system would be more reliable than a carb due to the computer adapting the system to changing conditions.

I was wondering if you wise builders of this forum would chime in with your experiences. Don't want to spend an extra thousand or two on EFI and have continual problems.
Thanks for your help

Steve