Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  111
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: CV2065 MKIV Build Thread - Graduated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Chris,

Your car is looking spectacular, really enjoyed watching it come together. Now that I'm in my build I'm really getting a great idea of what I ultimately want my car to look like. I have locally been to every powder coat shop and I simply can't find anyone that either will do the window frame or their attitude is "well, we can give it a shot". I think what makes more sense for me is to ship the frame to a shop that has proven they know what they are doing. Would you be willing to share the name of the shop you used? Your frame looks perfect so I think its worth the $50 it would cost to ship it.

Sorry to spam your thread. I was going to PM this but your inbox is full.
    MK4 #10008 - Ordered 10/06/20, Delivered 03/03/21, First Start 7/22/21, First Go Kart 7/24/21
    Paint by Metal Morphous 5/14/22, Legally registered 6/8/22, Graduated 7/20/22
    Build Thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...been-delivered
    Complete Kit, Ford 306, Sniper/Dual Sync, T5, Hydraulic clutch

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure. I used a guy by the name of Ed Steidle of Steidle Powder Coating in Orlando. Great guy and I'm sure he will work with you getting it shipped back.
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi CV, sent you a PM regarding your fuel system.

Thanks!
    Ordered 9/24/2020, Delivered 1/18/2021 MK4 Roadster, 3 Link, 15" Halibrands, Blueprint Carb 347/TKX Installed 3/13/2022, first start 10/2022, go cart 11/2022, CA SB100 Reg Complete 12/2023

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't believe that it's been over a year and a half since I last posted. Time flies! Glad to see all of the new builds and new FFR enthusiasts! I don't think I ever had an official graduation as I had a few things to clean up like the trunk plate lighting, trunk gasket, etc. You know, the little things that you keep saying you'll get to, but you'd rather be driving your new car! So happy late graduation to me.

I did want to give a quick recap on my experiences so far. The car now has over 4,000 miles and things have been going really well. A couple of thoughts:

• Blueprint Engines are the BOMB! My 427 has performed flawlessly (knock on wood). No leaks or issues of any kind. I did have to tighten some pulley fasteners, but that's it. Cam lope is incredible and really defines the car. Talk about making an entrance at every car show! My wife's first show she slumped into the floor board as she couldn't take the eyeballs and attention. And she considers herself an extrovert. Pretty funny. With Quickfuel carb, car starts like it was fuel injected. Can't recommend BP enough!
    • 2,000 mile oil change was perfect. Plug and Pan was clean. I may switch to synthetic at 5,000 miles. Not sure yet.
    • Stock brake pads put out a lot of brake dust. I'm considering changing to Hawk soon.
    • I'm investing in the 3M Protective film for the front end, hood and front fenders. I have a couple of chips, nothing crazy, but don't want anymore, so going to be proactive to keep the paint nice. Looking at about $2500 for that service with a 10 year, 8mm film. If you are thinking about it right out of paint...just do it.
    • Dream Car round mirrors are expensive, but the functionality is fantastic. Can't imagine using anything that is drilled into the car and they look amazing.
    • One mechanical issue that I did have was the clutch pedal going limp one day while out on the highway. The C-clip inside the assembly had fallen out. I slip shifted home and it was a 20 minute fix. Advantages of 'Built not Bought'!
    • Car stereo speakers have some random popping that is somewhere between the amp and head unit. I need to chase down the loose ground when I get a chance. I took good pictures of the wiring up under the dash during the build, as it's hard to see what's going on without taking the dash off. That said, you can hear highs and mids in these cars easily, just not bass at high speed unless you have a really powerful system. Just invest in some nice 6.5" rounds and a good amp.
    • Driver's side door lock came loose. Jeff Kleiner recommended longer screws and bigger size when the spacer plate is used, and he was right. Upgraded and all is good.
    • I also upgraded my Lucas 7" headlights to a black tinted LED. Lighting is about 10x better and it was plug and play. Matter of fact, it was the exact same LED round light that I used on my wife's Jeep a few months ago. Really changes the look of the front end and better suits the blacked out theme.

I have won a few local car show trophies and enjoyed the holiday parades. Always some camera, video or neck breaking going on as the Cobra passes. Really an amazing vehicle. Full transparency, I did get the 'itch' to build something else like an SLC Superlite or the new FFR F9, IF they release it. The brutal Florida heat and rainy season confines the Cobra experience to mornings or evenings in the Summer and Fall, so started thinking about an enclosed cockpit with AC. I listed the Cobra for sale recently (NO!!!) and even had a prospective buyer but couldn't bring myself to do it and pulled it back after a couple of weeks. Instead, I'm investing a little more money into my ride (protective film, speakers, engine bay upgrades and maybe some custom upholstery) and enjoying the Cobra for a few more years. Cooler months with little rain are on the horizon and the cruising is going to be good!!

Again, good to see the FFR community thriving. I'll post some updated photos. Thanks!
    Last edited by cv2065; 09-25-2022 at 01:02 AM.

5. Likes Higgybulin, Sigurd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Man, belated congrats!! Your car is amazing! Mine, well its sold but I have ordered another one! Maybe I ll get those 15's I always wanted LOL. Anyways, hopefully I'll get over there for a beer sometime.
    Cheers,
    Higgy
    New MK4 kit picked up 4/10/23!!!
    SOLD
    MK4 #9759 picked up on 4/3/19
    351C, 3 link, 17's, dual roll bars

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgybulin View Post
    Hey Man, belated congrats!! Your car is amazing! Mine, well its sold but I have ordered another one! Maybe I ll get those 15's I always wanted LOL. Anyways, hopefully I'll get over there for a beer sometime.
    Cheers,
    Higgy
    You sold yours? Ha! Glad you got another one! How long is the wait these days?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cv2065 View Post
    You sold yours? Ha! Glad you got another one! How long is the wait these days?
    I am hearing about 8 months! It's OK though, got the house going up in Cape Coral and re doing an International Scout II right now. Lots to keep busy!!!
    New MK4 kit picked up 4/10/23!!!
    SOLD
    MK4 #9759 picked up on 4/3/19
    351C, 3 link, 17's, dual roll bars

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112