Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from Hudson, FL

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Hudson, FL

Hello from a new Forum member on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Hudson is approximately 30 miles north of Clearwater with no beach, no curved roads and no snow. I'm originally from PA and really miss some of the fun roads, but not the snow.
    I attended the Roadster Build School in May. It was the most fun ever at school - and, I learned a lot.
    Have not ordered a kit because I'm still too confused as to which way to go.
    1. I would love to build a "gentleman's" 289. A pure driver: low HP, egg crate grill, maybe no roll bar and maybe wire wheels. Maybe add that "weber" look when $$'s allow.
    -or-
    2. 33 with bike fenders and an automatic, maybe a roof. I say the automatic is so the "boss-lady" can drive it, but living around here with constant stop and go traffic, and tourists, I'm okay with it also.
    Obviously, the two cars are very different, but I think the experience of building and driving either will be amazing.
    I'm looking forward to your comments; AND, please don't help me to spend all my money.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Rleon,

Welcome Aboard!

> I too had the same dilemma, but it was between the MK-4 and the 33.
    > The fact that the Roadster was Factory Five's Bread & Butter (Most Refined Car) sealed t he deal for me.
    > Just don't second guess yourself after you place your order.
    > Plan your build and build your plan and you will be fine.
    Again, Welcome Aboard!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Hudson is not very big at all, and here you show up!! I grew up next door in Port Richey, and spent a year in Hudson proper with a few more off 52. I don't know how long you've been in Hudson, but there is a beach there at RJ Strickland park. Not a fantastic beach and some of the shoreline is mucky where it runs into a canal, but some of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen.

Welcome to the Factory Five party.

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost forgot, 50 is pretty OK road for driving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Best sunsets are viewed from Sam's! Great views!
    If you are still in the area I would love to pick your brain and see what you built. I need all the help I can get!

Post Thanks / Like
    How about a 289 with power steering and a AT trans. I think the old man made at least a couple with the auto trans.Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I made the move OUT of Florida. I'm in the desert now (AZ). Working on planning out a road trip in the spring, though, if money comes together for it. My sister is expecting, and should be settled by then. She and my pop live in Tampa, we may or may not rent something in Clearwater for the week. Might be able to break off part of an afternoon, though, so I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, feel free to message me. I'll give you my email there, or text if it's better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rotonda West Fl here. Hotrod pickup in progress. There are a bunch of guys in Florida.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KenWilkinson View Post
    Rotonda West Fl here. Hotrod pickup in progress. There are a bunch of guys in Florida.

Thanks for the contact. Would love to get down there to see the p/u some day. I'd probably get lost in the Rotonda (very interesting layout.)
    I would like to meet some of the Central Florida folks so I can check out their builds and pick their brains to answer the millions of questions I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings !! Built a MK3 about 10 years ago and currently building a 33 Hot Rod down here in Port Richey

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! We couldn't live much closer. I'd love to see the 33. You could answer some of my questions about the kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    The shop where im working on it is off Ridge rd. I'm not that far along and progress is slow as this is a side project but after 4 during the week or on Saturday if I'm here you are more than welcome to come by !! Shoot me a message and I'll send you my contact info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Miltbuilt,
    PM sent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Miltbuilt View Post
    Greetings !! Built a MK3 about 10 years ago and currently building a 33 Hot Rod down here in Port Richey
    Port Richey.....Whaaaaaaaat?!?!?!?!?!