FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone know what color this is?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know what color this is?

EB720596-742B-4A6C-BBF3-0617C1276BAF.jpeg

Guessing it’s probably proprietary paint, but I really like this color combo. Is there a close match anyone knows of?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in the Superformance dealership in Irvine, CA (Hillbank Motorsport) with a friend looking to buy, not build. They called it Ford Navy but didn't have a paint code. They said they could ask the factory but I didn't pursue it.

I chose Toyota Spectra Blue PPG 5437 and PPG 400 white. I think it is in the same family of blue but has a little more life/depth.

-Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Superformance gave me the color chart in 2013.

There are several blues on the sheet that I have.

Here is what it says for Navy Blue:

Superformance / PPG Code - MKIII Created Navy Hi tech 2007 code PPG 18324
    Glasurit CPS2 Profit code - MB993.50

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys that helps a lot. There are so many blues to choose from! It’s proven to be a difficult choice for me and I’m sure many others. I really like that blue you had in the photo too. Nice choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Straversi View Post
    I was in the Superformance dealership in Irvine, CA (Hillbank Motorsport) with a friend looking to buy, not build. They called it Ford Navy but didn't have a paint code. They said they could ask the factory but I didn't pursue it.

I chose Toyota Spectra Blue PPG 5437 and PPG 400 white. I think it is in the same family of blue but has a little more life/depth.

-Steve

Nice up the ol' pant leg Steve.....dang, the rule was "No shots of the back of daBat's head"......CRAP ON A CRACKER ! Now we have to add "No shots up daBat's shorts"......not that I mind....It's just a little too hot for a builders forum......It's tough ! Ya wanna look away butcha can't...….I'm too sexy for my shorts, too sexy for my shorts ,I'm just too sexy...da bat

6. Thanks WIS89, roadscholar thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the original color is Daytona Blue. PPG/Ditzler code is 12696. But it's hard to tell, to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could be Ford Royal Blue w/ GM Arctic White stripes . . . like mine.

But seems to be darker with more silver in the mix - like the Lexus Indigo Blue.

FWIW, computer monitors will play tricks on your eyes so the answer is only a "best-guess".

Doc
    Last edited by Big Blocker; 07-31-2018 at 10:39 AM.
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blocker View Post
    FWIW, computer monitors will play tricks on your eyes so the answer is only a "best-guess".

Doc
    Absolutely!!! I have 3 monitors at work (yes, I'm a nerd) and the colors are a little different on each one. The best thing you can do is actually see a Cobra in the color that you are thinking. Even then, the lighting can make drastic differences, just to keep you guessing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn,
    I thought you found bats hanging from the ceiling not lying on the floor.
    Todd Baumann
    FFR Build School Instructor 16+ Years Mott Community College
    FFR 2086 MKI, 22+ years on the road
    FFR 300 MKI Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of da BatCave...once you have seen this, it can't be unseen! My eyes hurt!
    FFR MK4 #8317, 393 Cleveland, Lunati VooDoo solid roller, CHI 3V heads and intake, TKO 600, Std roadster seats, 8.8 3.55 diff, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, Ford "Magnetic Metallic", silver ghost stripe. (Sold 10/16/21)