Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blasphemy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Not to be an a-hole but with that mindset there is also half a chance you or your son will be dead. The driver does not fair well generally in accidents with these. Maybe you are just joking around but I would caution you against that mindset.
    I agree 100%.

To the O/P, I would have to say that this is not the right car for you. It sounds like you don't respect what this car can do and how quick it can do it. Or respect the build for that matter. I don't care what you have ridden or driven, you are getting ready for a world of hurt with the way you are thinking.

I don't want you making my insurance premiums increase.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by miller7448 View Post

This may sound ridiculous but I also think there is half a chance either my son or I will smack a tree with it. I'm already picturing ordering a new frame and moving the parts that survive over.

As long as I'm not endangering others and until the nanny state says otherwise I'll make the personal decision how risky to drive.

Every time someone wrecks one of these creations and expects the (nanny) insurance company to foot the bill we get closer to not being able to get insured at all.

Every time someone wrecks one of these creations and gets bad press (your fault / my fault / nobody's fault) the nanny state inches further toward "nanny".

These cars require the same level of respect as a motorcycle.

And rest assured that if you end up in the ditch or smack a tree with one it's very likely to be just as fatal.

Post Thanks / Like
    What happens if you smack yer noggin nice n hard sideways into that tree, you dont die, wifey no get no 5 mill, she gets to wipe your chin for the next 12 years? I know you'll have an answer for it (lawyers, med decrees, whatever) but why would you build a car like this and not care if you wreck it and kill yourself? Or your son? You did mention him hitting the tree. Sorry, man, nobody here is gonna buy into that kind of thinking. But I guess when you're just so carefree and wild...

A really cool build would be like the Mythbusters did and put JATO rockets on a Chevelle. Now THAT would be a wicked ride with no helmet.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    OK.... something went wrong and this thread jumped the shark.

Mike, build the car you want to build. Enjoy the time with your son. It is absurd to believe that anyone on this forum would build anything without regard to their own safety or another's. Anyone. I do believe that just about everyone on this forum would say Hell Yeah if you pondered the idea of bedazzling a Factory Five logo on your hood. Well then again, maybe not quite everyone.

I have had the opportunity to see and sit in a lot of completed MK4s and have asked a lot of questions. Nothing is out of bounds. If you have the budget and the desire, go for it.

I am not too far away and there are several other builders area. If you need a hand with anything, give a shout out. I will come if I can and I'm sure others will also make themselves known.

Take care,

Rob

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    All opinions are appreciated! Life gets boring when you only talk to people with the exact same mindset. Will focus on the build first.

signed "Reckless Mike"20130505_102704.jpg
    Last edited by miller7448; 08-03-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, it's your melon. But, please, just try not to take out anyone else's family with your 2000+ lb FFR. Lots of tracks out there where you can get the thrill of your life with little risk to others, so really no need to do it on the street.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    All opinions are appreciated! Life gets boring when you only talk to people with the exact same mindset. Will focus on the build first.

signed "Reckless Mike"20130505_102704.jpg
    Suggest you change your user name to "Hold my beer" lol
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Suggest you change your user name to "Hold my beer" lol
    I can't stop laughing.......

I remember a guy on the old old forum way back (the one that Meat was on for you long-timers) that was building a 800 or 900HP car to give to his 16 year old when he got his license. Whatever happened to him?

Post Thanks / Like
    Son got a WRX as his first car 2 days after getting his license. 25 now still no tickets and no accidents

And if you look close in that picture I did have safety glasses on!
    Last edited by miller7448; 08-03-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    And if you look close in that picture I did have safety glasses on!
    What about sunscreen... When I'm doing something stupid (and trying to convince my wife that it isn't stupid even though I know it is) my wife starts into the "where are your safety glasses/hearing protection/respirator" deal. When she gets nowhere she resorts to "Well, did you at least put sunscreen on?" I guess she doesn't want me to get sunburned while I'm laying on the ground waiting for the paramedics.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    John Deere has an excellent hot rod paint called blitz black Google it.

Amazonian https://www.amazon.com/Valspar-4431-...tz+black+paint

Cheap, and a real hot rod paint. Apply with a fine foam roller to be a real hotrodder ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not one to tell others how to go about their lives. I have a post titled “wrecked go cart”. Please read it. I almost met my maker with less than 50 miles on my go cart stage.
    MkIV complete kit #9259, Coyote, TKO600, IRS, Wilwoods x 4, many parts from Breeze, Forte, Russ's Garage and North Racecars
    17" Bullit style wheels, custom Kirkey seats, mid shift conversion, drop trunk, KRC power steering, Forte Hyd. clutch and slave, manual brakes
    overall build plan: build it to drive, not polish and black it out wherever possible, paint will be some shade of dark cherry

Post Thanks / Like
    The reminder on my just completed dash.

Finished 16.jpg

Refer to the first post (sticky) on this forum.
    MK4 - complete kit - Blueprint 427W - Holly Sniper EFI - TKO 600 .64 - 3.55 3 link - 17" Halibrands

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12