Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: michigan ibsurance

Post Thanks / Like

michigan ibsurance

any suggestions for roadster ins. in michigan? called a few and either wont touch it or price is insane. noted in forum (midwest classic) may be an option for me. hoping our no fault law doesnt cause me issues. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    American collectors insurance. My family and I have used them for years on our classic cars. What you want is an agreed upon value policy. They will require the standard documentation to agree on a value (pictures and some receipts). I started the process on mine recently and after I sent the pics and receipts I had the policy pre approved. For just over $80k it’s about $100/mo. Obviously rates vary, but they have been good about being fair and responsive if you ever have an issue which means a lot to me. You can also try Haggardy and Grundy insurance as they are two of the well known vendors for classic and special car insurance.
    Mk4, Moser M88 rear end, Eaton truetrak, Craft Racing 461 Windsor, MMR pro trans, Glenn’s 1,000 hp cobra fuel system and lots of other parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been using Midwest Classic for a number of years now. Their underwriter, American Modern, writes policies for Michigan. There is a surcharge, but still the best deal I could find. Robbin has always been great to deal with.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.