I also posted in the other forum.

Went for a quick 20 min drive yesterday evening before dinner, on the way back, luckily only about 3 km away I toasted my T5.
Was cruising in 4th about 70 or 80 kmh down a country road, I’m up north at our family cottage for the summer, once I got past a few homes I dropped it down into 3rd, got hard on the gas. Accelerated hard as normal for a second or two then engine reved like I had spun the tires, I let off but the revs didn’t come back down the way they normally would, I also have never broken traction in 3rd, I then started hearing some very bad clanging and crashing from under the car and transmission tunnel.
I pulled over quick as I could, clutch in and it was very jerky like something was binding.
First thought was driveshaft but it’s fine, Car rolls in neutral smoothly. Engine starts and runs fine, tried to drive in 1st and 2nd but Car moves forward a foot then something binds and stops dead.
Bad mechanical noises coming from tranny.
Luckily my brother is up for the week, he drove over in my truck with a pull strap and we towed it back to the cottage. I tried putting it I 1st to roll down my driveway, with the clutch in and engine off it again rolled a foot then stopped dead. I didn’t think I would get it back out of gear.
FYI I’m aware you arnt supposed to tow T5s, I’m sure it’s lunched anyway.

Anyhow, where to go from here? I bought it for 700 Canadian cash from a guy on a handshake that it had been rebuilt. Who knows?

I’ve got a 302 that’s probably about 300hp.

This was a budget build and I really don’t have any money to spend on it at the moment, but not going to let it sit, and also don’t want to cheap out and waste more money on something that’s going to blow up.
Being in Canada it makes shipping/everything more expensive to get one from the usa too.
Stock rebuilt T5? T5Z? Beefed up custom T5? Not really interested in a TKO as I think I need to change too much other stuff.
Doubt I will be putting in more power anytime soon.

Advice?