Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wiring Routing at the Transmission

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wiring Routing at the Transmission

How are most builders handling wire(s) and routing at the Transmission area? Is it common practice to just have wires resting (or crossing) over the transmission underneath the fiberglass tunnel? How extensive does the heat protection need to be in this area, if so? Ideally, I would like to have all of my wiring be above the trans tunnel, but with the EFI, AC/Heater, Radio, Wipers,Gauges, etc., I just don't know that I can get there. I'd really like some additional input on this as I know most don't like to post pictures of their wiring. I have already made two passes with the wire cutters and soldering iron and I am still "stuffy" in the area and I am concerned about routing it across the top of the trans (secured), but essentially running on the top of it and to the sides.

Thanks ahead of time.

J
    Last edited by JOP33; 08-02-2018 at 07:28 AM.
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/