FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: BluePrint Engines Experience?

Post Thanks / Like

Question BluePrint Engines Experience?

Anyone have any experience with BluePrint Engines in their Roadster?
    The small block comes in many sizes: 302, 306, 331, 347, and even 427.
    I am looking at caraburator only. Mostly I will be street crusing, so I wonder how long they hold up.
    How is the reliability?
    How easy to deal with them?
    Which one has the most lope?
    Do they do custom mods?
    It looks like they make their own heads. I'm not so sure about those compared to say, Edlebrock.
    Anything else I may want to know?
    Really appreciate all the info I can get.
    What about The Engine Factory or ATK engines at Jegs.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I helped a friend get a Blue Print engine running and tuned. Nothing but good stuff. No engine issues of any kind. It was a 302/390 hp engine, put in a pickup, auto trans, 3.00 gears. Not ideal combo, but runs great. They would be on my list for getting a pushrod engine.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Factory Five now works hand in hand with Blueprint so that says something about the quality of the motors and company. Yama-bro on this forum works for Blueprint if I'm not mistaken, he is always happy to answer questions if you PM him. I read plenty about guys buying their stuff, can't recall reading any bad press about them.
    Higgy
    New MK4 kit ordered, promised date 04/13/24
    MK4 #10616 picked up 4/10/23!!!
    302w, 4 link, 17's, dual roll bar SOLD
    MK4 #9759 picked up on 4/3/19
    351C, 3 link, 17's, dual roll bars SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both. I'll call Blueprint soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff,

I ordered my 427 carb engine from them and just received it about a week ago. Beautiful engine. The service and responses from Stephanie in customer service and Johnny in Tech support have been awesome. They do some small things that are little extras and are great. Example is the plug in the TKO speedo port. They install one with a o-ring so all taken care of. Would cost $26 bucks from Summit. Not a big deal but a nice feature. They saw off the back bottom flange on the TKO so it will go directly into the roadster. They have upgraded the carbs on the 427s to an 850 double pumper. They provide all the documentation for all the parts they install. Lots of good info and all the stickers too. Lots of little things that are the attention to detail items.

I don't have it in yet so will reply back once running. Mine dyno'd at 502 Hp with 496 lb-ft of torque.

Steve
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jeff,

Nothing but good things to say about Blue Print. Got my 427W from them last fall. Have had three or four issues, some their fault, some not, but every one was taken care of to my satisfaction. They have been a pleasure to work with, the engine is beautiful, and makes good use of every cubic inch. I would highly recommend them for your engine and transmission package.

Brien
    MK4 - complete kit - Blueprint 427W - Holly Sniper EFI - TKO 600 .64 - 3.55 3 link - 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very happy with my 347 from Blueprint. Great build quality and warranty and ready to install right out of the crate.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    You may also want to talk with Mike Forte and Gordon Levy. Both longtime vendors and provide great product. I have a 351w from Mike mated to a TKO600, and it’s been a great combo. Dropped it into the roadster, attached the QF680 also from Mike and zero issues.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BlyWIQun...y=baytownmills

This is the 306 SBF and my dyne sheet indicated 402hp and 380ftlbs. Really happy with the sound. It turned over right away!

Post Thanks / Like

BluePrint is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ILPBFoot View Post
    Jeff,

I ordered my 427 carb engine from them and just received it about a week ago. Beautiful engine. The service and responses from Stephanie in customer service and Johnny in Tech support have been awesome. They do some small things that are little extras and are great. Example is the plug in the TKO speedo port. They install one with a o-ring so all taken care of. Would cost $26 bucks from Summit. Not a big deal but a nice feature. They saw off the back bottom flange on the TKO so it will go directly into the roadster. They have upgraded the carbs on the 427s to an 850 double pumper. They provide all the documentation for all the parts they install. Lots of good info and all the stickers too. Lots of little things that are the attention to detail items.

I don't have it in yet so will reply back once running. Mine dyno'd at 502 Hp with 496 lb-ft of torque.

Steve
    Thank you and the others for your recommendation. I think I will go with BluePrint!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Forte sell Blueprint engines, he knows all about them and he can do custom work to the one you choose if you like. He'll even answer his phone on the weekend if you have any questions, give him a call.