Thread: Hood

Post Thanks / Like

Hood

Click....

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost finished

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    If you look at photo 6 of 7 in post three you can see the notch in the hood undercarriage on the driver's side. This was necessary due to the positioning on the reservoirs which you can see in picture 4 of 7. Bottom line is had I mounted there reservoirs down about 3/4 of an inch they would have cleared.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty slick!
    Two questions:
    1. Are you putting anything down to keep the underside of the hood from rubbing the body/firewall area? Seems like your plates and mounting hardware may be the answer to my question.
    2. How are you keeping the front of the hood underside mount - from hitting the grill? When I open my hood the nut side of the bolt hits the grill.

I just bought this car basically 80% complete so I'm just getting into it and may just be me needing to adjust things to final fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of the vendors make better hinge/bushing sets, I'll let them weigh in. If you look at photo 1 above you will see the weatherstripping across the edge of the firewall/body recess. We have or will have clear plastic bumpers on the bottom corner of the hood, passenger and driver side to keep the sharp end off the side panels, Being perfectly honest about it I had no success on the hinges working right, the shop I went to was able to essentially bend and fit the hinge so it dod not cash on or bump the grill section