Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Getting ready to dive into a Roadster project!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Go-Dad's Top-10 Suggestions From The Dark-Dart Side:

1. Get the manual and read it a couple of times before ordering your kit.
    2. Watch the Factory Five Assembly Videos too.
    3. Take a look at Edwardb's 2nd & 3rd build threads because they really help supplement the manual.
    4. When you get frustrated, don't throw tools, spit or curse, but walk away and come back 15-20 minutes later.
    5. When your kit arrives, do a detailed inventory and tape a copy of the individual inventory sheets on each box.
    6. Get your shop ready and buy twice as many Cleco's than you think you will need.
    7. Get four (4) heavy duty super tall jack stands that can get your frame at least 18 to 20 inches off of the floor.
    8. Take your wife or significant other out to dinner after you order your kit.
    9. Take your wife or significant other out to dinner after you tell her how much you spent on your kit.
    10.Take your wife or significant other out to dinner just because you feel like it.

Welcome Aboard, Enjoy Your Build & Don't Get Discouraged If Life Throws You A Curve Ball Along The Way!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 08-08-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Consider getting these upper control arms since your intend to run the 4-link rear.

https://www.spohn.net/shop/1979-2004...-Fox-Body.html
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 08-08-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks GoDadGo!

I really appreciate the list, haha! Some of those things I have done and some I have not.

Regarding the upper control arms, I had upgraded ones on my Fox body, so hope they will do the job.

What is the benefit of the adjustability in your opinion?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RonJon24 View Post
    Thanks GoDadGo!

I really appreciate the list, haha! Some of those things I have done and some I have not.

Regarding the upper control arms, I had upgraded ones on my Fox body, so hope they will do the job.

What is the benefit of the adjustability in your opinion?
    1. Being able to adjust the pinion angle to get it spot on and in phase at ride height is extremely important.
    2. Reduces/Almost eliminates suspension bind because of the Spherical Ends do a great job improving axle articulation.
    3. Reduces side to side to rear end movement while reducing the rear steer shimmy effect that Fox Bodies are famous for.
    -- (If you can afford upgrading to the 3 link, it would be a big help if you plan to drive it like you stole it!)

Mustang Mayhem:
    https://youtu.be/A5-ieqahu5o

Factory Fives Tested By HRM:
    https://youtu.be/V96-AQ1FghI
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 08-08-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    GoDadGo, I appreciate the feedback. I will have to take that into account. Started a thread over on the main Roadster forum to get a larger group’s feedback on the matter.